PDA

View Full Version : Final Fantasy 7

AOMrep
December 31st, 2006, 21:02
I have come to the point in the game where I need to leave Midgar. You know after fighting the boss on the edge of the highway directly after fighting Rufus. But when I try to leave the game doesn't load the next area. It just shows a black screen, and from time to time it also hangs on whatever note was playing last from the music. I tried rebuilding the EBOOT but it has happened every time. I would use PSX2PSP but that would change my save file location. That program allowed me to play some games that wouldn't work with popstation by itself. But like I said if I try to convert using PSX2PSP it'll change my save file. Still there are no gaurantees that'll work anyway. Anyone else having this problem? Please help I would like to continue playing FF7.

zevende
December 31st, 2006, 22:10
Maybe you just have a bad ISO/IMG/BIN. What program did you (or perhaps someone else) use to rip the disc?

AOMrep
December 31st, 2006, 22:31
I used Clone CD. But, do you have the game ripped and if so do you have this problem?

splodger15
December 31st, 2006, 22:33
Try ISO Producer

AOMrep
December 31st, 2006, 23:10
I tried it but it won't load on my comp. It just brings up one of those erorr report messages.

Tinnus
December 31st, 2006, 23:24
I've played the game from the start on my PSP and am at Junon already. Everything fine including the part when you leave Midgar... so it's not a problem in the emulator, most likely your dump is bad.

Just rip it again, with the same program as before if need be. I think I ripped mine with CloneCD too and it's working wonders.

AOMrep
December 31st, 2006, 23:27
Anyone? It seems like this is by far the most popular game. Hasn't anyone gotten passed this part of the game yet? And if so, have they had this problem?

The ISO Producer just brings up an erorr report message. I tried to redownload it but it still brings up the same message. Everytime!

AOMrep
December 31st, 2006, 23:29
Thanks Tinnus. I'll try that.

AOMrep
January 1st, 2007, 01:26
Thanks again Tinnus. That was the problem. I just re-ripped the disk and it loaded it without a hitch. Anywho, I was wondering if any of you have noticed that sometimes during the FMV scenes the game sorta skips and cracks the music up.

Tinnus
January 1st, 2007, 02:55
Not at all for me. In fact, FMVs + 3D run smoother than the real thing.