PDA

View Full Version : I need some convinsing

ACID
January 1st, 2007, 06:46
Hi guys i have been hearing about the new Dark Alex firmware 3.02 OE-B And im having a hard time firuring out if i should do it or not. I really want to know what are the reall differences between 1.50 and this other then the POPSTATION. Can i play every homebrew and emulator the same way i would with 1.50 with out launching a seperet menu. Can i play all my umds. Basically can it do everything the regular 1.50 can using devhook. Hey guys in the poll i meant to say OE-B

XioN980
January 1st, 2007, 06:51
Trust me its worth it, its all 1.5 plus Popstation (3.0+), Internet (2.0+), Homebrew (1 - 1.5), Visual Player :), Region Free UMD Playing (Custom Feature), Automatic enabling of FLash and WMA without Internet (custom Feature), X-FLash Now Works.

Plus much more, however i dont see the point in 3.02 OEA when you can have OEB which is the one that allows You to play your own PSx games, finally, using Recovery Mode you can downgrade to 1.5 again if you dont like it :D

In Short: GO FOR IT!!

ACID
January 1st, 2007, 06:58
I know everybody tells me to and i should listen since i still have 3 1.50 or lower PSP's. Now is it easy to set up and take back to 1.50 if i dont like it.
Does this work with the TA PSP also???

SSaxdude
January 1st, 2007, 07:15
1.5 is dead, long live 3.02 OE-B
Yes you can downgrade back to 1.5 if you wanted, just run the 1.5 update EBOOT in recovery mode.
I really don't see how 1.5 users could pass up PSX emulation.

ACID
January 1st, 2007, 07:25
Its not passing up. Its the fact that im also a collector. So i will not risk my current PSP because i dont want to open the boxes of my virgin 1.0 PSP or 2.0 white PSP so i really want to make sure. I just traded my last available 1.50 psp so i just have the silver mod i made to do this with

splodger15
January 1st, 2007, 09:39
Well its really up to you what you want to do.But i was nervous to leave my 1.5 behind but then i thought i would give this 3.02OE a try.And it is the best thing yet for custom firmware.The ability to play your own PS1 games,Homebrew,Recovery menu,free umd region and loads more

ExcruciationX
January 1st, 2007, 16:51
3.02 is FAR better then 1.5.

PSX emulation, homebrew, music visualisation, run ISOs from the XMB. It's the sweet life on this firmware (Especially with my new 4GB Memory Stick). :D

seanp2500
January 1st, 2007, 18:27
Yeah 3.02 EB all the way. I will be the odd man out here and post one small prob. I was running Dungeon siege ISO fill with Devhook had no probs but when I went to 3.02 eb it now freezes occasionally. But that is it my only prob. everything runs great homebrew internet psx emu etc this is the best thing that ever happened to the scene imo

Shrygue
January 1st, 2007, 18:48
Custom firmware version 3.02 OE-B is best no matter what. Being able to play the latest commercial games, run homebrew, use that new camera and connect and control a PS3 in one neat package is brilliant.

Zion
January 1st, 2007, 18:51
omg, convincing?

isnt a full speed psone emu enough of a reason to change? :rofl:

the_eternal_dark
January 1st, 2007, 20:03
Yeah 3.02 EB all the way. I will be the odd man out here and post one small prob. I was running Dungeon siege ISO fill with Devhook had no probs but when I went to 3.02 eb it now freezes occasionally. But that is it my only prob. everything runs great homebrew internet psx emu etc this is the best thing that ever happened to the scene imo

You can still use devhook, you know...

No more ISO talk.

ACID
January 1st, 2007, 20:25
Ok im did it and only for silent hill love it thanks guys for twisting my arm.
Question how do i install the blood splater at the biggining of the psp and remove the wavy lines with this version. How do i change the bgs on psx games

the_eternal_dark
January 1st, 2007, 21:33
Ok im did it and only for silent hill love it thanks guys for twisting my arm.
1.Question how do i install the blood splater at the biggining of the psp and remove the wavy lines with this version. 2. How do i change the bgs on psx games

1. X-Flash (if the size permits) v.18F is the latest I think.
2. Popstation, just have your PIC1, PIC0, and ICON0 files in the Popstation folder with your ripped PSX game and Popstation will add them for you automatically.

Tetris999
January 1st, 2007, 23:11
3.02 oe-b nothing is subtracted only added!

XioN980
January 1st, 2007, 23:29
Also: You need to be more specific: ALL PSP Motherboards are TA-0XX. I know you meant TA-082 or 086 which are the incompatible ones so i wont hold it against you

the_eternal_dark
January 1st, 2007, 23:46
Also: You need to be more specific: ALL PSP Motherboards are TA-0XX. I know you meant TA-082 or 086 which are the incompatible ones so i wont hold it against you

I thought the 82 could do anything now...

ninja9393
January 2nd, 2007, 00:27
I stuck with 1.5 uuntil the day 3.02 oe came out

All dark alex needed to say is Full speed Ps1 emu without a ps3 to make me upgrade to it

the installation went smoothly, and im soooooooooooooooooo happy i upgraded

ACID
January 2nd, 2007, 04:53

I meant TA-082 how do i use X-flash with this version do i have to have it in 1.50 or in 3.02 sorry for the ????its been a long time. Plus why can i only get hotshots golf 2 to work??? And is there a way to play the emulators with out having to go back and fourth between versions 1.50 & 3.02

the_eternal_dark
January 3rd, 2007, 07:05
I meant TA-082 how do i use X-flash with this version do i have to have it in 1.50 or in 3.02 sorry for the ????its been a long time. 1. Plus why can i only get hotshots golf 2 to work??? 2. And is there a way to play the emulators with out having to go back and fourth between versions 1.50 & 3.02

1. You need to use Popstation, the eboot from hotshots golf 2 (renamed as BASE), your custom PIC0, PIC1, and ICON1 pics (if you decide to use them), and the cygwin1.dll (put it in your system32 folder).

Basically, set up a folder called Popstation on your desktop. In the folder, put the popstation.exe, BASE.PBP (Hotshots Golf 2 eboot, renamed), the KEYS.BIN file from Hotshots Golf 2, and the PSX .bin, .iso, or .img you want to use. You will then need to use command prompt to run the popstation.exe to compile your PSX image into a PSP friendly eboot. To do so (you do have your Popstation folder on the desktop, right?), start command prompt, it should display:

C:\Documents and Settings\(whatever)

Type this in the command line

cd desktop\popstation

And then....

popstation.exe (gamename).iso(or .bin or .img)

Then it will take care of itself. Once it's done (may take a bit) just copy the new EBOOT.PBP and the KEYS.BIN file you originally placed in the popstation folder.

2. Yes, create a folder under PSP on your memorystick named GAME150 and put all your 1.5 homebrew there.

*edit* The newest XFlash should work, put it into your GAME150 folder and try it.

ACID
January 5th, 2007, 09:37
omg, convincing?

isnt a full speed psone emu enough of a reason to change? :rofl:

Actually no. If any the only game im interested on is SILLENT HILL

S34MU5
January 8th, 2007, 00:05
why is this iin the ps3 section?

also 3.03oe' is the best

Malksta
January 8th, 2007, 04:49
why is this iin the ps3 section?