PDA

View Full Version : PopStation Vs Psycho Mantis

PSPegasus
January 1st, 2007, 12:36
Howdy all.
I've got an interesting problem with Metal Gear Solid. Since one of the bosses requires you to switch your controller to port 2 it seems unlikely that you can beat the game :(. Does anyone know if it's possible to make the emulator change controller ports? Maybe Popstation can be modified to do it...

(By the way: i typed this on my Wii browser :p)

Accordion
January 1st, 2007, 18:24
it doesnt require that you switch, so try and beat him without...

although a modification would be helpful

cloud_952
January 1st, 2007, 19:14
Yeah.. it's more difficult to have to do it on port 1, but totally doable. ^_^ It's more like a cheat/hack to go to port 2, if you think about it.

^^ Good luck!

Tinnus
January 1st, 2007, 19:25
10th time someone asks that :p

They say you should "destroy the vases", and then Psycho will stop reading your actions, or something like that. Can't say exactly ' cause I never played the game, but I read the solution 3 or 4 times already.

flame0247
January 1st, 2007, 21:48
:D lol im stuck on the same boss , thanks !

Oraichu
January 2nd, 2007, 00:14
Same

PSPegasus
January 2nd, 2007, 07:36
Came close to beating him last night but I came across a slight problem: NO THERMAL GOGGLES!!
I have to start again or there's no way I can see him to beat him :( :(.
Thanks for the tips anyway guys :p. Here's hoping some patch can be made to trick games (MGS and others if there are any) into thinking you're using a different port.

mavsman4457
January 3rd, 2007, 01:51
Thermal goggles are key.

flame0247
January 3rd, 2007, 02:05
hey , how do i switch to disk 2?

Tinnus
January 3rd, 2007, 02:35
Save the memory card with cwcheat, load it in ePSXe, get to disk 2, save, load the memory card back into the PSP with cwcheat and load the file with a converted disc 2 image.

Smiths
January 3rd, 2007, 14:46
hey , how do i switch to disk 2?

save at end of disc 1. put disc 2's eboot on your memory stick, making sure when you created it you had same SLUS ID as disc 1's EBOOT. it'll find mem card and load just fine

seriously, people make this so damn complex for something so simple it's getting sad.

I did a realtime swap yesterday in FF9 by beating disc 1, having it say "insert disc 2" and just taking my memory stick out of my PSP while it was running and transferring my disc 2 eboot to my memory stick OVERWRITING disc 1's on my PC.
put the memory stick back in my psp (which had been displaying the "DO you want to quit?" prompt that it shows when you take out the mem stick while it's running), and selected "no" to the quit prompt.
Hit the button at the [still displayed] "Insert disc 2" prompt, and lo and behold, it loaded just fine.

so much whining and programs being made for stuff that isn't needed.

i haven't updated my frontend because it does what it needs and has continued to work for what i need it to do.
i'm amazed to see people with like v1.5 or 2.0s or something of their frontends for a simple, mindless procedure.