PDA

View Full Version : black screen at start'up?

ymot
January 1st, 2007, 17:28
Hey guys.

ehrm, i need some help over here.. cause, its like this. i got my little brothers PSP for xmas ,
and it had the 2.6 version. Then i wanted to downgrade it to 1.5, and ive read that its easier
if you upgrade it to 2.71 first, then down to 1.5. So, i upgrade it, and it was a piece a' cake. but, when i was about to downgrade it to 1.5, by following the
intrucstions in the guide, it got the "red screen", but with no text on it? :/ . "well" , i thought. But , then when i was about to start it again,
it just shows this black screen ? . nothing happens? . Someone, please. help me in some way.. . have i bricked it? :/ . . and i have checked the mtherboard
, and its not the TA-082 shit, or what the numbers is ;). .. and there this to, when i was putting in the PHOTO file on the memorystick,
i accidenlty deleted the system files to. Just over copied the PSP- folder. May that be the problem?.

xcjzerox
January 1st, 2007, 17:42
Is A Brick Sorry Bud

ICE
January 1st, 2007, 17:52
sounds like a brick. when you turn it on does it just stay black with the little memory card light blinking??

splodger15
January 1st, 2007, 18:00
You have a bricked PSP

Shrygue
January 1st, 2007, 18:32
If the power light is on but the screen isn't lighting up, you've just landed up with a complete brick. That's all there is to it.

ymot
January 1st, 2007, 19:42
wtf. but, how could that have happend? i followd' the instructions :/ . well, guess ill have to buy me a white one then , and just drop īthe homebrew ideas :( . ThankYou btw.

splodger15
January 1st, 2007, 19:46
You must have done something wrong for it to brick

Cloudhunter
January 1st, 2007, 19:57
Hey guys.

ehrm, i need some help over here.. cause, its like this. i got my little brothers PSP for xmas ,
and it had the 2.6 version. Then i wanted to downgrade it to 1.5, and ive read that its easier
if you upgrade it to 2.71 first, then down to 1.5. So, i upgrade it, and it was a piece a' cake. but, when i was about to downgrade it to 1.5, by following the
intrucstions in the guide, it got the "red screen", but with no text on it? :/ . "well" , i thought. But , then when i was about to start it again,
it just shows this black screen ? . nothing happens? . Someone, please. help me in some way.. . have i bricked it? :/ . . and i have checked the mtherboard
, and its not the TA-082 shit, or what the numbers is ;). .. and there this to, when i was putting in the PHOTO file on the memorystick,
i accidenlty deleted the system files to. Just over copied the PSP- folder. May that be the problem?.

The motherboard numbers are IC1003 for a TA-082...

But besides, did you turn it off when it was a red screen with no text on it?

Cloudy

ymot
January 1st, 2007, 21:11
hrm, i followd' the instructions, and everything went well, besides the missing text :P . dont remember really what i did, cause i did a week ago . buuuut. now that its bricked, i cant do anything with it? . just put on a shelf, and let it just be forgotten? ;) . and theres no one who can fix it , or who might want to buy it? ;D .

jonezybaby
January 1st, 2007, 22:59
if its not TA-082 im sure sum1 will buy it, they will install a mod chip and unbrick it ;) think of it as money towards the white psp!! i have a white 1 i love it 2 bits (plus it has 3.02 OE-B ;))

vision
January 2nd, 2007, 00:31
1st its a brick sorry
2nd dont you got warrenty?
3rd well this guy posted a thread asking for bricked psp caz he said hes working on a liltle chip so yeah...

ymot
January 2nd, 2007, 18:16
hrm, okko :) . " (plus it has 3.02 OE-B )" . 3.02 OE-B, what is that ? :P . and, is it hard to install a mod chip? . my skill is like, average. not so hyped at this ;d hah. White PSP's are so damn nice & clean! <3

splodger15
January 2nd, 2007, 18:18
To install a modchip you need good soldering skills. I mean really good