PDA

View Full Version : Playing playstation games using usb cable>

thefanaticgamer
January 2nd, 2007, 01:05
i heard that it was possible to use files by connecting the psp to a pc with a usb and then running some app. does anybody know how to do this... my memorycard is on 1 gb and i would like to play games easier....

Xiofire
January 2nd, 2007, 02:06
I know it can be done with PSP ISO's, but not PSX games. Maybe in the future?
-Xiofire

thefanaticgamer
January 2nd, 2007, 02:35
so how do you do it with the psp isos? just wondering...

sok98
January 2nd, 2007, 03:18
why would u want this tho the whole point is for it to be portable :P play it on a REAL playstation or even better if ur gunna connect your psp to your computer to play it on your psp you mught as well play it on your computer :P

Tetris999
January 2nd, 2007, 09:50
why would u want this tho the whole point is for it to be portable :P play it on a REAL playstation or even better if ur gunna connect your psp to your computer to play it on your psp you mught as well play it on your computer :P

you computer can suck...

hodgy47
January 2nd, 2007, 12:32
to do it with psp games you need a program called DAX ZISO and just be sure to use the read me cos you have to edit some bits to get the pc and psp linked up and you'll need firmware 2.0 to put in a folder in DAX ZISO to run some newer games it does work and its ok if mem stick is already crammed but it does tie you to your pc unless you get a 10 metre usb lead lol but thats a bit pointless
hope this helps

thefanaticgamer
January 3rd, 2007, 01:06
yeah i guess its pretty pointless of psp games cuz i can just go get the actuall disc from my room... but for a psx game i could just hook my psp up to my laptop and lay down on the couch:cool:

Tetris999
January 3rd, 2007, 01:37
anyway to answer the questions i dont think u can till some one makes som ehomebrew that does it :(

what would just be AWSOME is wifi, now that would ROCK! :D

Tinnus
January 3rd, 2007, 02:37
Uhh.... IRShell has USB/Wifi host. That means you can load an eboot from your PC via USB or WiFi, I suppose that would work with the PS1 eboots (small chance of not working due to the way the entire thing works).

Didn't really try though.

hockey2112
January 3rd, 2007, 03:17
This would be useful for testing the PSX eboots before archiving them on DVD, etc, to make sure that they play ok.

thefanaticgamer
January 3rd, 2007, 22:53
gonna go try out ir shell right now

mkd2018
January 4th, 2007, 04:05
I haven't been able to get this to work.

I'm pretty sure these EBOOTS cannot be run through IrShell since IrShell cannot run in 3.2 kernel mode.

IrShell is unable to run EBOOTS from a different firmware kernel mode than the one which it is running in (i.e. no 1.5 homebrew in IrShell 2.71)