PDA

View Full Version : impossible to overclock PS1 popstation games

g00gy
January 2nd, 2007, 03:29
well i tried and and i tried and i couldnt. not even darkalexes overclocking module could help. as soon as you restart any ps1 games it reboots the clock speed. for example i set the mhz at 50(to see if it will alow it becuase its noticible) and as soon as i started the ps1 games it was back to 222mhz.

has anyone managed a way to get past this?

splodger15
January 2nd, 2007, 09:50
It may be fixed in OE C

g00gy
January 2nd, 2007, 10:25
yeh lets just hope so i cant live on 222mhz. my psp is weird 333 means 222 to it lol

dejkirkby
January 2nd, 2007, 10:32
yeh lets just hope so i cant live on 222mhz. my psp is weird 333 means 222 to it lol

This is something I've never been too concerned about. I mean, it's great having the choice, but I wouldn't be too fussed if this choice was never available. In the world of my PSP 333 is a tad insignificant.

g00gy
January 2nd, 2007, 10:51
This is something I've never been too concerned about. I mean, it's great having the choice, but I wouldn't be too fussed if this choice was never available. In the world of my PSP 333 is a tad insignificant.

believe me you would be concerned if your games lagged both PS1 and PSP. and I have tried diffrent memsticks and psp's. im just speechless at this lag that i have not found anyone in the whole entire net with the same problem as mine its very perplexing.

thats probably also the reason why i like my ds more.

Everyone's PSP runs fine at 222mhz except mine :( :( :( :( :(

splodger15
January 2nd, 2007, 11:16
My PS1 games are fine. Its usually the people who have downloaded them have trouble

dejkirkby
January 2nd, 2007, 11:32
believe me you would be concerned if your games lagged both PS1 and PSP. and I have tried diffrent memsticks and psp's. im just speechless at this lag that i have not found anyone in the whole entire net with the same problem as mine its very perplexing.

thats probably also the reason why i like my ds more.

Everyone's PSP runs fine at 222mhz except mine :( :( :( :( :(

The only way I can think of where the lag would be noticeable is if you were running your PSP and PS1 games straight from your MS. The PS1 I can understand by using Popstation. But the PSP one equals ISO equals naughty naughty.

g00gy
January 2nd, 2007, 15:19
So your saying this problem is from running games from the memorystick?
but the PS1 emu forces you to run the games from your memstick.

michael_dack_2005
January 2nd, 2007, 15:45
Av u tried CW Cheat for pops, it does have a menu saying change CPU Speed and Bus speed, i dont know, but possibly.

dejkirkby
January 2nd, 2007, 15:57
So your saying this problem is from running games from the memorystick?
but the PS1 emu forces you to run the games from your memstick.

I have noticed the lag in the PS1 emulator, but I personally didn't think it was too bad.
Anyway, I'm sure there will be a prx released soon.

Oraichu
January 2nd, 2007, 16:34
I haven't really noticed that much slow down either. Some PSX games might lag at a small specified moment, but nothing more than that.

g00gy
January 2nd, 2007, 16:44
So why does my copy of Final fantasy IX and final fantasy VII and chrono cross and crash bandicoot 3 all have some sort of slowdown/lag.

FFIX and VII in compat list said Fullspeed Perfect sound. but battle mode in VII choppy and when to much is happining on screen in IX it slowsdown

not only that but the same can be said with some PSP games. and when i phoned sony they are noobs they dont even know what lag or choppyness is. they did not even understand what framerate was!

dejkirkby
January 2nd, 2007, 16:50
when i phoned sony they are noobs they dont even know what lag or choppyness is. they did not even understand what framerate was!

I don't think Sony are going to help you use a hacked emulator.

g00gy
January 2nd, 2007, 17:05
no i did not phone them for the hacked emulator. i phoned about the choppyness of my games