PDA

View Full Version : Firmware 2.80 to 2.71 Downgrader For TA-079 To TA-086

scottyboynow
January 2nd, 2007, 15:36
From QJ
Adding to the huge list of hacks and exploits in the last few weeks is another piece of work by 0okm, this time a firmware 2.80 to 2.71 Downgrader for TA-079 - TA-086 PSPs. What this means is that 2.80 people who're stuck with a TA-082 or TA-086 PSP can now downgrade to 2.71, and from there, downgrade to 1.5 using Dark_AleX's TA-082 downgrader. Once on 1.5, it has been proven that everyone - including TA-082ers - can upgrade to 3.02 OE-B and have all the fun that the rest of the PSP public is having.

But just like the last downgrader by 0okm, don't expect it to be as easy as a downgrader by Dark_AleX. He seems to be not releasing the downgrader in public: You have to mail him and ask for it. While it would take me two minutes to mail him and obtain the downgrader and post it here, I will respect his decision of not releasing this in public.

To ready yourself for the downgrade, here's a list of things you need:

The latest PSARDumper.
Firmware 2.71 Update Eboot.
PBP Unpacker.
The actual downdater. (Available on request)
Download links to all of these are at the bottom of the article. Once you have all these things ready, you'll need to find a friend who has a PSP (with firmware 1.5/2.71 HEN-D/2.71 SE/3.02 OE), which can run PSARDumper and extract the DATA.PSAR file.

Here are the steps you need to take:

Open Firmware 2.71 Eboot in PBP Unpacker.
Extract the DATA.PSAR file somewhere on your PC and move it to the root of your Memory Stick. (On helper PSP with 1.5/2.71/2.71SE/3.02OE firmware)
Extract and run the latest PSARDumper on the helper PSP.
Press Circle when in PSARDumper to dump encrypted without sigcheck and dump reboot.bin.
Once the DATA.PSAR file has been dumped, move the newly created folder to the PSP which you want to downgrade.
Obtain the Downdater from 0okm and use the noobz team's xLoader to run the Downdater.

I do not have news posting access so i posted here and a admin can move it.:thumbup:

When a easy downgrader comes out I'll definatly be downgrading.

scottyboynow
January 2nd, 2007, 16:33
I wonder if anyone is making a Easy-Installer.

Shrygue
January 2nd, 2007, 17:13
A firmware downgrader that works on every motherboard released is fantastic. Maybe I ought to grab a PSP with a TA-082 motherboard and try it out!

sok98
January 2nd, 2007, 17:37
Do you think if i sent my psp into sony they would give me a psp that would work with this downgrader??

mnuhaily22
January 2nd, 2007, 17:38
Wow, this is awesome, the PSP ta-086's are already cracked, I didn't know that.

splodger15
January 2nd, 2007, 17:44
Do you think if i sent my psp into sony they would give me a psp that would work with this downgrader??

I doubt it you will probaly get a 3.00