PDA

View Full Version : 480p Not Working

sonikku88
January 2nd, 2007, 23:31
I got an official component cable today, and I've been trying to get 480p to work on my Wii. But for some reason, when I select it in Settings, I get double screens: one beside the other. I'm playing my Wii on my PC monitor using a VGA box with component connections.

I've taken two pictures: one with flash and one without.

If anyone could give me some advice, it would be most apprieciated. :D

Kramer
January 2nd, 2007, 23:43
The monitor doesnt support 480p that's why it's not working. My tv does the same thing because it's not a hi def tv.

Just choose 480i instead.

sonikku88
January 3rd, 2007, 00:35
The monitor doesnt support 480p that's why it's not working. My tv does the same thing because it's not a hi def tv.

Just choose 480i instead.

But PC monitors ARE Hi Def TVs. They support resolutions much higher than 480p. It's just that most of them don't have the same connections as HDTVs. Plus, why would a device be made which allows you to connect component cables to the monitor if it couldn't handle it?

Kramer
January 3rd, 2007, 00:45
why would a device be made which allows you to connect component cables to the monitor if it couldn't handle it?

alot of crt tv's these day's have component in but dont support higher resolutions and all that other shit.

Accordion
January 3rd, 2007, 13:10
i believe you asumption is proved wrong by the visual facts.

also, why would you want to play on a monitor so small, and not in widescreen?

i didnt think HD was posible on 4:3 screens...

sonikku88
January 3rd, 2007, 23:07
i believe you asumption is proved wrong by the visual facts.

also, why would you want to play on a monitor so small, and not in widescreen?

i didnt think HD was posible on 4:3 screens...

OK, firstly, I can't afford a bigger monitor.

Secondly, it's not HD, it's ED.

Thirdly, most PC monitor screens can be altered to accomadate widescreen by changing the screen's hight and width.

Lastly, I've just found out that the device I'm using to connect my Wii to my PC monitor cn't handle 48p, which I think is retarded since it as component connctions.

I think I'm better off, although I said I can't afford one, getting a monitor with component connections.

Accordion
January 3rd, 2007, 23:30
all i was saying was going through the trouble to get a enhanced definition picture on a monitor which is not built for it [connections, ratio, and otherwise] is simply not worth it.