PDA

View Full Version : [psp] Pixelstation web site: popstation backgrounds and icons - highest quality

PlayingKarrde
January 3rd, 2007, 00:34
http://www.pixelreview.net/upload/iconsig3.png

I have opened Pixelstation, a resource for Popstation icons and backgrounds for PSX games running on the PSP.

All artwork is my own and the site is based around quality over quantity. The site is made so it is as easy as possible to find the icon set you are looking for.

Requests are accepted through the contact page so check back daily for updates.

Pixelstation: PSXPSP icons and backgrounds (http://pixelstation.pixelreview.net/)

x-zero
January 3rd, 2007, 01:06
Dude this is sweet thanks for the link.

gunntims0103
January 3rd, 2007, 01:16
I have opened Pixelstation, a resource for Popstation icons and backgrounds for PSX games running on the PSP.

All artwork is my own and the site is based around quality over quantity. The site is made so it is as easy as possible to find the icon set you are looking for.

Requests are accepted through the contact page so check back daily for updates.

Pixelstation: PSXPSP icons and backgrounds (http://pixelstation.pixelreview.net/)

This is nice bro' did you craete that web site yourself?

PlayingKarrde
January 3rd, 2007, 01:26
Yup. Based on an old review website I used to run a few years ago (PixelReview.net).

gunntims0103
January 3rd, 2007, 01:37
Yup. Based on an old review website I used to run a few years ago (PixelReview.net).

was it free to do the web site, im looking to have a web site just for my coding projects. I hate the stupid blods i want a small set up maybe a nice banner at the top with my coding projects displayed in the middle with a couple of web links on the side much like how www.dark-alex.org is set up.....

Any one know how i can go about doing that for free?

PlayingKarrde
January 3rd, 2007, 02:00
Well I did it all myself... can't get any freeer than that. If you can code already then HTML is a breeze.

MicroNut
January 3rd, 2007, 02:24
Nice PlayingKarrde.

Internet Exploder 6 won’t resize the page.
Its really wide.
I run a 1280x1024 desktop rez.

Firefox is fine.

I was hoping to see a site for uploads and voting.
(Everyone likes their own style)

It would be nice to have a way bring all the images into one indexed and alphabetized thread.

Since I host my own images moving the script around that displays the images is easy.

Something like this could bring a steady stream of hits to a website.

gunntims0103
January 3rd, 2007, 02:30
Well I did it all myself... can't get any freeer than that. If you can code already then HTML is a breeze.

i can take care of the coding part but i don't know how to get hosting for a small site for free how did you do it. Im not familiar with setting up a web site and such but im sure i can pick up the html language easy.

how did you get hosting for your site? or how you get it up? would you be interested in helping me get a web site up?

PlayingKarrde
January 3rd, 2007, 04:20
Nice PlayingKarrde.

Internet Exploder 6 won’t resize the page.
Its really wide.
I run a 1280x1024 desktop rez.

Firefox is fine.

I was hoping to see a site for uploads and voting.
(Everyone likes their own style)

It would be nice to have a way bring all the images into one indexed and alphabetized thread.

Since I host my own images moving the script around that displays the images is easy.

Something like this could bring a steady stream of hits to a website.

Yeah that IE thing was a little annoying. Sorry about that and thanks for bringing it up. Just a missing >.

I'm not looking to make an indispensible background site, just a place for people to come for my icons really. There are other sites out there that have an "all and everything" so I dont think theres any reason for another. It's kinda like that guy that did all those icons and backgrounds for emulators/apps from a while ago (forgot his name).

i can take care of the coding part but i don't know how to get hosting for a small site for free how did you do it. Im not familiar with setting up a web site and such but im sure i can pick up the html language easy.

how did you get hosting for your site? or how you get it up? would you be interested in helping me get a web site up?

Ah, well I pay for my own hosting, so I guess not totally free. Sorry, can't really help you out where to find free hosting. I don't think there are many places that give free hosting for domains, but I know that there are places that give you some space if you buy a domain from them (Godaddy maybe?).

MicroNut
January 3rd, 2007, 05:07
I pay for mine too.

This has been around for awhile,
but if anyone wants it M$ is giving domains away for free.

You get 500 megs of space and 25 email addresses.

You don’t have to use any of the office live stuff.
Its at the very least a way for budding "webmasters" to try stuff out.

http://office.microsoft.com/en-us/officelive/FX101534261033.aspx

Emeriastone
January 3rd, 2007, 07:10
Very convenient.

Aut0botKilla
January 3rd, 2007, 09:49
nice,

Apoklepz
January 3rd, 2007, 17:42
Pretty Neat....but then again, you are the only one that's gonna be uploading images? I wish it was more of a community collaboration, like:

http://popsdb.twystneko.com/main.php?g2_page=1

...But then again, it is YOUR page and I'll respect whatever you want to do with it...A very nice contribution to the scene, nonetheless.

Cheers!

PlayingKarrde
January 3rd, 2007, 19:34
It's myself and tunglashor.

The reason I didn't want it a community collaboration is that I just want a place where our own stuff if shown. It's not meant as the be all and end all of background resources, rather a place for people to come for just our ones.

Sorry if people were wanting a community one, but like you said, there is a place already for that.

CatfishD
January 5th, 2007, 05:48
sweet site! Do you take requests?

If so... please do "James Bond Tomorrow Never Dies", "Tony Hawk Pro Skater 1" and "Driver 2". That would be awesome :)

Love the site... used it a lot.

tunglashor
January 6th, 2007, 07:37
sweet site! Do you take requests?

If so... please do "James Bond Tomorrow Never Dies", "Tony Hawk Pro Skater 1" and "Driver 2". That would be awesome :)

Love the site... used it a lot.

Thanks Catfish. I've uploaded the ones you asked for, hope you like em. If you wanna request any more there's a Contact button on the site you can use (think it's working now...)

carlitx
January 6th, 2007, 15:37
awsom

CatfishD
January 6th, 2007, 18:03
Thanks Catfish. I've uploaded the ones you asked for, hope you like em. If you wanna request any more there's a Contact button on the site you can use (think it's working now...)

dude that's awesome! :thumbup:

thanks so much... and congrats on the site... it's awesome :D

gusgus
January 6th, 2007, 20:30
This is good stuff dood. Thanks!

tunglashor
January 7th, 2007, 03:22
No probs! Glad you like em. By the way there's now a proper 'Submit request' link if there's any you want us to have a crack at.

CaptainMorgan4
January 7th, 2007, 07:30
If you are the website's owner I wanted to know if you could make alternate icons for Tombi! & Tombi! 2 that actually say Tomba! since that's it's USA title.

EDIT: Thank you for changing the Tomba 1 icon to the US title now if you could just do Tomba 2 like that it would be GREAT! I appreciate it more than you'll know, and I don't mean to sound ungrateful but could you possibly make a better ackground image for Tomba 1, it's just the plain pic from the cover. I appreciate that you fixed the first one alot, and if you could do a new/alternate background too well I would just be astonished!

CaptainMorgan4
January 8th, 2007, 22:14
Wow all I can say is thank yo so much it means ALOT, if you can make that other Tomba! background and make one that looks more new and creative then I would just be stunned. But thank you so much for doing the Tomba and Tomba 2 ones and thanks even more for getting them done so fast, THANKS!!

mavsman4457
January 14th, 2007, 00:29
Once upon a time I saw backgrounds for Disc 1 and Disc 2 of Metal Gear Solid in some background thread. Now I cannot find them. They were animated with white backgrounds and said disc 1 and disc 2 in the bottom corner, not sure which one. Does anyone know what I'm talking about? If so, could you direct me to them?