PDA

View Full Version : 1st PSP Emulator - For The NES

aseddon130
April 1st, 2005, 01:30
yo found a video showing a working NES emulator on a PSP - looks too convincing to be fake ...

http://www.wsu.edu/~jerbrown/zeldaonpsp.wmv

why does he boot the emulator from the 'saved data utility' menu and not the 'memory stick' menu? thats where i thought homebrew stuff would have booted from ...

wraggster
April 1st, 2005, 01:42
looks dodgy but you never know

where was the news sourced from

aseddon130
April 1st, 2005, 01:48
ur fave site - www.ps2nfo.com - a mate told me about it and even they said it could be an april fools ... lets hope its real.

Pecks2005
April 1st, 2005, 02:44
It does look quite good, and I hope it's real.
But, did you notice that you never see him press the buttons and the camera just closes onto the screen. It may be an MPEG4 video, or something like that. Apart from that, I think it was quite convincing, and I hope it's real. :)

psplover
April 1st, 2005, 02:45
I guess its time I post this.

http://img54.exs.cx/img54/1781/psphaxed1lz.jpg

I can prove why thats fake in about 3 easy ways because I was making a spoof from april fools myself.

1. He loaded from a save file not a boot game off memory stick. These can be edited with a lil bit of work
2. He's using a anolog nub in menu's, which btw is impossable to do because it doesnt control directions at all in menus.
3. He cant be zooming in and out like that while holding a camera at the same time
4. He would of recorded his hands playing and pressing bottons while he was playing.

On my fake I praticed the timing and matched it up with timing of the video I recorded on off VBA. That why it would look like I was playing it. I then super carefully edited videos quickly to make it look like a booted off memory card but it actual quickly cuts unoticable to me loading a video.

aseddon130
April 1st, 2005, 03:20
yea ive been thinking its faked - easily done with fraps and a NES emu ... but we can hope :D

psplover
April 1st, 2005, 03:29
Their is nothing to hope on. There is physical proof of it being impossable. You simply cant use a anolog nub for menus.

peanut
April 1st, 2005, 10:50
im sure he's not using the analogue stick
although 14 seconds into the clip the camera changes, meaning he basicly edited the bmp in the saved data of one of his games so that it showed a pic of the 'NES emulator'. Then when it reaches 14 seconds he pauses the camera, while we cant see whats going on he selects a movie file from the memory stick, unpauses the camera recording, and plays the mpeg movie of Zelda

peanut
April 1st, 2005, 11:53
also, if you pause on the 7th second and look at the text covering the picture of the nes emu you can see it actually says 'wipeout pure'

Pecks2005
April 1st, 2005, 13:38
Oh yeah, you can see Wipeout Pure on the 7th second. lol Good spot, mate. :)
I hope they do make it possible one day though.

Mental2k
April 1st, 2005, 14:17
psplover are you gonna finish your vid and post it?

psplover
April 1st, 2005, 16:26
Whats the point in making a april fools joke now that everyone knows?