PDA

View Full Version : NES Emu for PSX and Now: Thanks to Dark_Alex: PSP

XioN980
January 3rd, 2007, 02:06
I know, i know: Whats wrong with NesterJ? Nothing Really, i just thought this was kinda cool, This is an oldish NES emulator for the PSX and i can confirm personally that it works! Although it emulates nes with full speed and sound when using the D-Pad in the menu, be very patient, it takes five seconds approximately to respond to Button push, but thats only in the menu ;) .

When injecting your roms remember to set the region as USA as that is NTSC and compatible with POPS. :)

Then use the generated ISO with PSX2PSP 0.7 (just updated by KingSquitter, no its not the crappy one released before his one) and your set!

Homepage (http://imbnes.gamebase.ca/)

HELP (http://imbnes.gamebase.ca/help.html)

mavsman4457
January 3rd, 2007, 02:13
That's pretty cool but I really don't see the point in it.

gunntims0103
January 3rd, 2007, 02:14
shoot, nice find :D, iv had a load of problems with nesterJ. for one i cant play mike tysons punchout with out it crashing after like the 4th or 5th fight and some times the graphics get all messed up.

Really good find bro, il have to see this for myself :D

PSPegasus
January 3rd, 2007, 03:01
I hadn't even thought of this. Now the PSP has access to PSX homebrew as well :p.

modcase
January 3rd, 2007, 03:03
While this may run ok, the PS2/PS Nes emulator is pretty pathetic compatibility wise in comparison to the support in NesterJ. However, its natural that one programmed specifically for the system "should" (and does) run better.

Nikolaos
January 3rd, 2007, 04:23
woot tested it , and it runs nice.. tho some games run better on nester j

JKKDARK
January 3rd, 2007, 04:49
Nice good job. somebody please try the master system emulator for PSX (I don't remember the name, but there is one) :D

Elven6
January 3rd, 2007, 05:15
That's pretty cool but I really don't see the point in it.

For those who don't have a fw that supports homebrew :) I know what your gonna say, you need the better version of 3.02, well anyone some people are working on it.

heraymo
January 3rd, 2007, 06:49
how do u generate a iso

JKKDARK
January 3rd, 2007, 07:05
how do u generate a iso

using alcohol 120%

pichon
January 3rd, 2007, 07:09
Is there a MAME emu for PSX? THAT would be cool

JKKDARK
January 3rd, 2007, 07:19
Is there a MAME emu for PSX? THAT would be cool

no ;)

BelmontSlayer
January 3rd, 2007, 13:36
how do u generate a iso

1.) Download imbNES v1.3.2.

2.) Un-zip all the files to a new directory on your hard drive.

3.) Run rombank.exe

4.) Under Add/Remove Roms, click the first button to add all the ROMs in a given folder to your ROM list.

5.) Once you've added all your ROMs, you can manipulate the list to get it just the way you want it. At the very least, you'll probably want to sort the list alphabetically using the "A-Z" button.

6.) When you're done making your ROM list, click the 'Build imbNES ISO' button in the lower left corner. Then pick the appropriate license (USA | Japan | Europe), press 'Build ISO', and choose where to save your ISO image.

7.) Once the build process if finished, you can close rombank.exe. Now you're ready to convert the CD image using POPStation...

ACID
January 3rd, 2007, 14:49
Where can i get the runbank.exe???

Vega
January 3rd, 2007, 15:06
This is a very interesting find. Now to search around for other homebrew for PSX :D

How the hell did I forget about PSX Homebrew ????

Joe88
January 4th, 2007, 01:52
ill just stick to nesterj ;)

XioN980
January 4th, 2007, 01:55
Where can i get the runbank.exe???

its called rombank.exe lol and its in the zip.

BTW to the guy who posted to guide: ONLY USE USA. POPS cant run PAL Regions

thesekids
January 4th, 2007, 02:32
i cant get nesterj to work since it doesnt have those to folder with and with out the % i dont know wut to do. can sum1 help me?

Ramza042
January 4th, 2007, 03:14
Eh, I'll stick with e[mulator], it runs every NES game I have ever thrown at it, plus tg16, gg, sms, ngp... etc.

gr42178
January 4th, 2007, 04:07
Is there a N64 emulator for PSX???

JKKDARK
January 4th, 2007, 04:12
Is there a N64 emulator for PSX???

That's the post of the year :rofl:

Man, are you crazy?

gr42178
January 4th, 2007, 06:37
That's the post of the year :rofl:

Man, are you crazy?

One can dream cant he :p

Do I get a prize for post of the year LOL

Tesseract
April 11th, 2007, 05:01
I don't suppose this little trick could be exploited for PSP homebrew purposes (on 3.x+ firmwares) at all?

It's already a nifty way to get NES emulation on non-downgraded PSPs. ^^

kam30en
June 9th, 2007, 04:17
It'd be so awesome if there were a way to get the simpsons arcade game working for psp. I was searching for a psx mame emulator, but my dreams have been crushed. For now, I'll stick with playing the shitty dos version on dosbox.