PDA

View Full Version : Tekken 6 touted for Xbox 360

wraggster
January 3rd, 2007, 01:46
Hot on the heels of Virtua Fighter 5's official announcment for Xbox 360 and rumours of a 360 version of Metal Gear Solid 4, gossip that another PS3 title - in this case beat-'em-up Tekken 6 - is Xbox 360-bound has hit the 'net.

The rumours are attributed to an "IGN insider source" - supposedly the same chap who broke the news of Virtua Fighter 5's 360 conversion - reporting that Namco is currently working on both PS3 and Xbox 360 versions of Tekken 6 to be released this winter.

When we reached for the CVG news phone Namco was unfortunately unavailable for comment, but following the likes of Assassin's Creed and many other previously PS3-only titles' move into multi-platform, we wouldn't be surprised if Namco's much-anticipated fighter ended up on Xbox 360 as well.

File it as a rumour for now, but we'll let you know when Namco confirms or denies the news in an official statement.

via cvg (http://www.computerandvideogames.com/article.php?id=153152)

chemical
January 3rd, 2007, 14:20
This really is awesome... i'm not getting too excited as its a rumour... but if its true I will go CRAZY =D!

Playstations only great games were: GTA, Tekken, Virtua Fighter, Final Fantasy, WWE Smackdown, Metal Gear Solid.

There may be a few others, but those are the ones I can think of off the top of my head. So many of those have moved to 360, so many of PS3's next-gen exclusives are no longer exclusives and theres rumours of even more jumping ship.

If Tekken does infact go to 360 I will be incredibly pleased as thats the last of Playstation that interests me, I like FF and MGS ok but not a whole lot, all the rest have already gone to 360. I'm just hoping on the last one I want, Tekken.

This is great news for a 360 owner like myself, and it will kick the crap out of PS3's overpriced machine even more.