PDA

View Full Version : Metal Gear PSP to get sequel?

wraggster
January 3rd, 2007, 02:03
via eurogamer (http://www.eurogamer.net/article.php?article_id=71373)

Metal Gear Solid: Portable Ops has received rave reviews since its release in the USA late last year, and that coupled with comments made by an assistant producer suggest a sequel is definitely on the way.

Ryan Payton, who admits the PSP game screwed up his social life, told the PSM podcast: "If it's successful on the retail level there will definitely be a sequel."

"Just on a personal level that's something I really, really want to do," he added.

Konami hasn't said anything specific about a sequel, but having shifted the Metal Gear portable titles away from card-battling toward real-time endeavours, an upturn in critical fortune and sales is unlikely to go unacknowledged.

Portable Ops is due out in Europe this year, although Konami's yet to announce a specific release date.

g00gy
January 3rd, 2007, 02:13
who admits the PSP game screwed up his social life

lol we can all sympathize with him

shadowhawk22
January 3rd, 2007, 02:28
Poor Europeans, many of them yet to experience the glory of Portable Ops. I look forward to playing the 2nd and possibly 3rd title in the series!

Waqs
January 3rd, 2007, 14:42
No doubt they should make a 2nd title..

I didnt see any of my friends for a whole week because I was hooked.

bullhead
January 3rd, 2007, 15:06
I can't wait for portable ops still, and they are already talking about a sequel!

bull, !

mavsman4457
January 4th, 2007, 02:09
Metal Gear Solid is an incredible series of games. Why they first made card games for PSP? I have no idea. It would make me very happy to have another MGS game for PSP. At the moment the MGS that can be put on PSP is awesome. We've got Portable Ops, Metal Gear Solid for PS1, Metal Gear Solid for GBC, and I think you can get Metal Gear 1 and 2 for the MSX2, which were the first two games released and I have yet to play. I love my PSP.

Gruwhitespy
March 5th, 2007, 22:35
i realy want them to make a sequel that would be sweet! better if there are more guys like the pain or some other guys we should also be able to hold more stuff than just 4 items. also more skills and weapons and a create a new character mode not skills we can redesign the face of an already recruited soldier!:) that would be awesome! and if we can transfer our soldiers! and new places like buildings so we can fall off:rofl: ! the best part...........are you ready:D we can type stuff to each other in online mode, so we can under stand whats going on!

Milleniumas
March 6th, 2007, 12:28
They should make one thing better the speech audio! I was a bit upset because all the mgs from psx to other consoles were full of audio voice speech. Another thing is that the missions were a bit borring (I am a fan of MGS). They should make only one solid level like mgs1 or mgs2 tanker/plant.

JKKDARK
March 6th, 2007, 12:50
Poor Europeans, many of them yet to experience the glory of Portable Ops. I look forward to playing the 2nd and possibly 3rd title in the series!

it's normal -_-

Baboon
March 6th, 2007, 12:55
It’s pretty pathetic that the UK still hasn’t got this game on the shelves yet! lol From what I’ve played so far of PO though I have enjoyed it.

With the demise of LikSang thank god for ebay! :)

This thread has reminded me that I really should fire up the PS1 game of MGS on my psp. :)

dejkirkby
March 6th, 2007, 13:00
http://www.gamefaqs.com/portable/psp/data/932978.html
Apparently we are due for a May Release Even Australia gets it before us!