PDA

View Full Version : FW2.80 DownDate to FW2.71 for TA-079~086 PSP v0.01 By 0okm RELEASED

Anger
January 3rd, 2007, 02:14
It seems after the creation of this amazing program that someone leaked it.

So 0okm (http://0okm.blogspot.com/2007/01/fw280-downdate-to-fw271-for-ta-079086_02.html) decided to let everyone have it without contacting him so now anyone willing to try it out can now do so. :)

If you don't know HowTo use, DON'T use it !!!
 It may brick your psp, Use it at your own Risk !!!
 This Program Just For FW2.80 TA-079~086 PSP
 Don't use it on other ver. PSP !!!
HowTo
1. on FW1.50PSP
 Download PSARDumper PSAR-Dumpa---ASB--.rar via comments

Download PSP FW2.71 Updates EBOOT.BPB 2_71_US_firmware_update.rar (http://www.psp-hacks.com/file/525)

Download PBP Unpacker pbp-unpacker-094-setup.exe via comments

use PBP Unpacker to unpacker FW2.71 EBOOT.BPB
 copy FW2.71 DATA.PSAR to ms0:\
 run PSARDumper on FW1.50PSP
 then "Press circle to dump encrypted without sigcheck and decrypted reboot.bin."
 to Dump "FW2.71 File"

2. on FW2.80PSP
 Extract FW280DownDate2FW271.zip to ms0:\
 check ms0:\F0 have 286 files and total size is 18,598,267 Bytes
 PowerOff PSP to CleanReboot
 Run xLoader on FW2.80PSP
 then Run 2.71DDforTA-079~086FW2.80PSP

someone leaked and more than 200 email req. it

so
if you know HowTo use and can take the Risk
and Accept NOT share it to other people
you can Download it :P

Download and Give Feedback Via Comments / USE WITH CAUTION.

siulmagic
January 3rd, 2007, 03:23
truly amazing ookm great job

Nikolaos
January 3rd, 2007, 04:26
good job :)

Gene
January 3rd, 2007, 05:14
this will please by the thousands, i'm sure.

hmong
January 3rd, 2007, 06:06
DAMN!!!!....CRAP!!!...My brother is going to be so pissed....it's exactly 12:02am Jan 03 in Madison,WI. I just bricked the 2.80 TA-082 PSP.... BRICKED... thought i was going to finally have another 1.5 so i could upgrade to 3.02oe-b, but damn.... i just wanna cry right now... TRY AT OWN RISK for real...I've downgraded and upgraded plenty before... 1st BRICK... and it's a new years... TRY AT OWN RISK AGAIN!!!!!
Good Luck to the others that try...

hmong
January 3rd, 2007, 06:10
....after I FLASHED it, it said "turn power off"....should I have waited....

Muhu
January 3rd, 2007, 06:29
....after I FLASHED it, it said "turn power off"....should I have waited....

I am guessing you had a bad dump. :(

Veskgar
January 3rd, 2007, 06:31
DAMN!!!!....CRAP!!!...My brother is going to be so pissed....it's exactly 12:02am Jan 03 in Madison,WI. I just bricked the 2.80 TA-082 PSP.... BRICKED... thought i was going to finally have another 1.5 so i could upgrade to 3.02oe-b, but damn.... i just wanna cry right now... TRY AT OWN RISK for real...I've downgraded and upgraded plenty before... 1st BRICK... and it's a new years... TRY AT OWN RISK AGAIN!!!!!
Good Luck to the others that try...

Dude, not to be a dick but this is a classic case of someone who didn't READ THE ****ING MANUAL!!!

[INDENT]If you don't know HowTo use, DON'T use it !!!
 It may brick your psp, Use it at your own Risk !!!
 This Program Just For FW2.80 TA-079~086 PSP
 Don't use it on other ver. PSP !!!

This is NOT for TA-082 PSP's. Don't even try it. I am very saddened to learn that a homebrew PSP may have passed away. Let this be yet another lesson to all. EDIT - Well I may be wrong it turns out. Some people are reporting this to work on TA-082 also.

belialone
January 3rd, 2007, 07:06
ok this thing is just for ta-79 and ta-86 boards not for ta-82
i think the thread title is a bit misleading

the title should clearly point out that this is not for ta-82 mobos

dejkirkby
January 3rd, 2007, 07:11
ok this thing is just for ta-79 and ta-86 boards not for ta-82
i think the thread title is a bit misleading

the title should clearly point out that this is not for ta-82 mobos

I think that people see that it was released by Ookm and automatically assume it's for TA-082. I mean, even I had to double and triple check and I don't even have a TA-082.

belialone
January 3rd, 2007, 07:52
i just cant imagine how it would be if had a ta-82

i downgraded my white ta-79 from 2.71 to 1.5
two weeks after i bought it
these two weeks showed me the light
i was browsing around the net to see what news where available for psp
then i stumbled over http://www.psp-hacks.com and learned about homebrew
my eyes popped out while reading what this little device was about
now im using all kinds of homebrew

and im spreading the word of homebrew by downgrading my friends psps

belive in homebrew
psp haxors rule

wakaru
January 3rd, 2007, 08:46
I think that people see that it was released by Ookm and automatically assume it's for TA-082. I mean, even I had to double and triple check and I don't even have a TA-082.

I do think you are all wrong.... This downgrader should woek for PSP Mobo's from TA-079 to TA-086 (including also the infamous TA-082)

Did he check that he had the correct dump with all the necessary files before downgrading? Probably no, so this is another of those cases of not making sure 4 times (or better even 5) prior to do something that can be critical for your PSP...

Plus I am sure that an easy downgrader pack will come out soon, so people unsure of having everything necessary should wait for it.

Anyway, sorry for your loss... It's always sad to hear that a PSP has bricked.

PSPCulture
January 3rd, 2007, 09:42
It may be that the post title is misleading.

I would assume :

TA-079~086

means all PSP's in the range TA-079 through to 086, and not TA-079 & 086

If it was just for those two PSP types, the title should be :

TA-079 & 086

kieso
January 3rd, 2007, 10:25
It has to be for TA-79 through TA-86. Everyone (including me) was begging for a downdate from 2.8 to 2.71. I will wait for some successes or easy installer also. As I've never done it before so i'm sure I'd screw it up & brick it. I'm assuming when it says place this file in ms0 means just in the root of your memory stick? This is awesome news!!!! I'm so excited I've been waiting 6 months stuck at 2.8 waiting for this. Now I can go buy games that require above 2.8 also once I get devhook or 3.02eb installed & play my PS1 games.

kieso
January 3rd, 2007, 10:34
Here's the part that I don't understand or am misreading:

use PBP Unpacker to unpacker FW2.71 EBOOT.BPB
 copy FW2.71 DATA.PSAR to ms0:\
 run PSARDumper on FW1.50PSP
 then "Press circle to dump encrypted without sigcheck and decrypted reboot.bin."
 to Dump "FW2.71 File"

It says use PBP unpacker then run PSARdumper on FW1.50PSP. Well I don't have a 1.5PSP I have a 2.8 so does that mean we have to wait for someone with a FW1.5 to run the unpacker & then run the PSARdumper on their 1.5? I'm guessing this is where the brick came from....someone ran or didn't run the psardumper on a 2.8 with eloader or something.

belialone
January 3rd, 2007, 10:50
correct kieso you need someone with a 1.5 psp to dump the psar file
you could try searching the web for a dump but incase the dump is wrong or just incomplete it bricks your psp
so i would only use a dump made right in front of my eyes (using a 1.5 psp)

kieso
January 3rd, 2007, 10:54
thanks for clearing me up on that. I'll just wait for an easy installer. I've waited 6 months, what's another couple days gonna hurt. If I knew someone with a 1.5 then i'd do that but I don't.

Shrygue
January 3rd, 2007, 11:58
About time Ookm actually released a downgrader to the public for all of those with TA-082 PSPs.

fistikuffs
January 3rd, 2007, 13:44
Guys as far as i'm aware this IS for the t-082 mobo

Anger
January 3rd, 2007, 14:06
i just relayed the message - no need to shoot the messenger.

i am led to believe it is for all psp revisions because it says its for ta-086 motherboards which are as impossible to downgrade as ta-082 mobos are. now he also says on his site that it was leaked and that you basically are trying it at your own risk. this does not mean it will 100% work but it should do.

the only reason he released it is because it was leaked - this doesnt mean its more stable than the last release, it just means it was supposed to be tested before being released. i have a friend waiting to downgrade his 2.80 but i still advise him against it because this is still buggy.

so i advise you to do the same - wait until people with money or warranties have tried it and wait till its 99.9% compatible.

*EDIT*
i just read it again - it is NOT for ta-082's.
he says use it on ta-079~086 but below that he says do not use it on any other ver. psp - he specifically didnt mention ta-082. this leads me to believe it is NOT for ta-082 psp's yet and that could be why some people are getting bricks.

spread the word please.

hmong
January 3rd, 2007, 15:30
Alright. I just bricked my PSP 2.80 TA-082(really my brother's PSP) this morning @ 12:00am or so...Now the easy downgrader comes out....But I'm not mad.

I actually have a question though. I wanted to know if I buy a new motherboard, will this unbrick my PSP? Cuz the UP doesn't support TA-082. I'm pretty sure the motherboard will make it work again, but I just want to be extra sure. AGAIN, IF I BUY A NEW MOTHERBOARD(ANY FIRMWARE), WILL MY PSP WORK AGAIN?
Thanks ahead to the people that can answer me.
Peace!

Anger
January 3rd, 2007, 19:20
i think to be safe you should really buy another ta-082 motherboard just to make sure it is compatible with the rest of the components. i cant say for sure if another type of motherboard would be compatible but i can say a motherboard of the same type will 100% work.

on the plus side you can sell the motherboard to someone who wants to practice installing undiluted platinum so you should get most of the money back as well. just be sure you know what your doing if your installing the motherboard yourself - it could be even more damaged if not removed correctly.

hmong
January 3rd, 2007, 20:17
Thanks Anger! I should've really read twice before I downgraded. I really thought it was from ta-079 through ta-089, so that was why i decided to downgrade. If i buy a motherboard, I'll be sure to look for ta-082 like mine to be 100% sure like you said.

Oh yeah, by the way, is installing the motherboard easy like installing the LCD screen? All the LCD really had were clip-ons, no soldering. I was just wondering if the motherboards were clip-ons also.

Thanks again, Peace!

Anger
January 3rd, 2007, 22:50
yes they are all clip ons or mini plugs but the clips are cheap and can be damaged if done too many times or done carelessly. the technique is using the tip of a razor blade to lift the flaps carefully. if even one of them breaks the whole psp may need to be replaced. if however you have successfully removed the screen then i think you will have skill enough to do the whole thing. do a google search for psp dismantling and you should find videos of people that have done it so you know what to expect. the psp2tv that requires you to open your psp made a very good video showing most of the dismantling of the psp up to the point where they start to add the psp2tv wiring, and there are others - perhaps on youtube.

if anyone else knows if other motherboard types are compatible let hmong know. :)

hmong
January 4th, 2007, 04:58
yes they are all clip ons or mini plugs but the clips are cheap and can be damaged if done too many times or done carelessly. the technique is using the tip of a razor blade to lift the flaps carefully. if even one of them breaks the whole psp may need to be replaced. if however you have successfully removed the screen then i think you will have skill enough to do the whole thing. do a google search for psp dismantling and you should find videos of people that have done it so you know what to expect. the psp2tv that requires you to open your psp made a very good video showing most of the dismantling of the psp up to the point where they start to add the psp2tv wiring, and there are others - perhaps on youtube.

if anyone else knows if other motherboard types are compatible let hmong know. :)

Thank You so much Anger! You've been a big help to me so far. I'm probably going to order the a motherboard. I've had no success finding them on PSP mod sites, except "ebay" but I'm probably going to order anyways.
This one ebay seller has a new condition ta-081 motherboard w/v2.6, I asked him if it was compatible w/ mine and he answered back and said it should work. Should I go with him(item ends tommorow sometime), or buy the v1.5 motherboard selling for $89.99 + $9.99 buy rite now?

haaroon
January 4th, 2007, 16:37
do u have to format ur psp memory stick for this? will this make my psp get bricked

Anger
January 4th, 2007, 19:54
hmong it really depends on how much you think it will be worth - weigh up the cost of a second hand complete psp against the cost of a motherboard.

the 1.5 in uk money is about £60 and we can get second hand psp's here for about £100 (which is roughly $180). i think you need a written guarantee that if it doesnt work you can get a full refund on it.

i think that it is taking a chance getting anything but a ta-086 because there are voltage differences but i dont know if those differences extend beyond the motherboard. common sense says that the boards are interchangeable but i wouldnt risk that kind of money on an experiment.

basically if you can get him to agree to a refund should it not work or not fit (dont break it lol) then you should probably try the 1.5, but if he says no to a refund then go for the safe option.

if you do get the 1.5 and discover that it doesnt actually physically fit then dont try and make it as it probably wont work.

@haaroon if you dont know how to downgrade then this isnt really for you because yes you can brick your psp.

hmong
January 5th, 2007, 02:08
hmong it really depends on how much you think it will be worth - weigh up the cost of a second hand complete psp against the cost of a motherboard.

the 1.5 in uk money is about £60 and we can get second hand psp's here for about £100 (which is roughly $180). i think you need a written guarantee that if it doesnt work you can get a full refund on it.

i think that it is taking a chance getting anything but a ta-086 because there are voltage differences but i dont know if those differences extend beyond the motherboard. common sense says that the boards are interchangeable but i wouldnt risk that kind of money on an experiment.

basically if you can get him to agree to a refund should it not work or not fit (dont break it lol) then you should probably try the 1.5, but if he says no to a refund then go for the safe option.

if you do get the 1.5 and discover that it doesnt actually physically fit then dont try and make it as it probably wont work.

@haaroon if you dont know how to downgrade then this isnt really for you because yes you can brick your psp.

I think i might try the v1.5 just for the hell of it(experiment) cuz it's as cheap as $70. Oh yeah and it's got a refund excluding shipping.
I've also downgraded and upgraded a few times before. This is my first brick - Upgraded 1.5 to 2.0, then back to 1.5 and to 3.02oeb. Downgraded another 2.0, a 2.6, and a 2.71, both non-ta-082.
Again thanks for your time Anger!

Anger
January 5th, 2007, 11:42
no problem - i like to think others would be as helpfull with me.
good luck on it and let us all know how you get on.

HOLLOW_ESPADA
September 14th, 2008, 01:42
I got a new psp one week ago how can I know if this is the right downgrader for me. i have version 3.95 on it and i'm new to this. Please Help

Wally
September 14th, 2008, 03:09
Better off asking in the PSP help section.

but to answer your question, NO.. you are on 3.95 and there is no way this would work.

Only way for now is pandora.

Wally

HOLLOW_ESPADA
September 14th, 2008, 20:38
Thank you or answering to my question. Problem is that i do have a pandora battery but when i place and i turn my psp on the screen stays black. Then when i place the psp battery it turns on normally and nothing happens what advice could you give me. Thank you:confused:

HOLLOW_ESPADA
September 14th, 2008, 21:20
Hi i just bought a psp two weeks ago it has official firmware 3.95. How can i install custom firmware i've read alot and i got confused now can someone help.

Triv1um
September 14th, 2008, 21:42
I got a new psp one week ago how can I know if this is the right downgrader for me. i have version 3.95 on it and i'm new to this. Please Help

Oh c'mon....

Seriously?

Nobler
April 13th, 2020, 17:37
Bricked my t86 phat 1004