PDA

View Full Version : 3.03 OE-A tommorow PSX GAME COMPRESSION!!!

jak66
January 3rd, 2007, 17:15
In an attempt to stop a flame war and answer a question over at max console, Dark_AleX posted the following (the thread was about compressing psx isos for popstation, someone else didnt read the manual);

the original topic is already answered, there is no yet that tool, and it will be available probably tomorrow to be used with 3.03 OE-A

original post here - link (http://forums.maxconsole.net/showthread.php?t=42338&page=2)

weirdelf
January 3rd, 2007, 17:24
yay!

ACID
January 3rd, 2007, 17:27
wait i just got 3.02 oe-a. I thought this was his latest and best work yet. Is there something better out.?

Kramer
January 3rd, 2007, 17:31
lol how confusing is it.

The latest version is 3.02 oe-b. Well im pretty sure it is anyway.

broie
January 3rd, 2007, 17:34
that will be nice res evil is around 700mb now it will be down to about 310mb how bad like:p

jak66
January 3rd, 2007, 17:35
right, 3.02 OE = run most psx games full speed, bt no compression
3.03 OE (hopefully released tomorrow) = adds compression for psx games so you can fit more on your memory stick

ACID
January 3rd, 2007, 18:01
Sweet cause all the games i have riped are prety big in size. The majority are sports and rpg.

scottyboynow
January 3rd, 2007, 18:17
Awesome even more compressed, i havent played any yet. Memory stick not big enough.

Shrygue
January 3rd, 2007, 18:18
Custom firmware version 3.03 OE-A possibly here tommorow? That's brilliant, I can't wait until it comes!

mikebeaver
January 3rd, 2007, 18:26
Best start downloading official 303 update to the PC before it's released and the rush starts :)
Gla to hear DA is still beavering away at this, compressed PSX games wil be sweet.

mikebeaver
January 3rd, 2007, 18:26
Best start downloading official 303 update to the PC before it's released and the rush starts :)
Gla to hear DA is still beavering away at this, compressed PSX games wil be sweet.

jak66
January 3rd, 2007, 18:45
Good idea, why didnt i think about it

xg917
January 3rd, 2007, 18:55
compressed games take a little longer loading time wise, right?

mikebeaver
January 3rd, 2007, 19:04
It depends on what type of comression is being used, I believe the inbuilt compression that sony use for popstation is "RLZ", but we will have to wait and see when the new CFW is released later tonight/ tommorrow.

mexicansnake
January 3rd, 2007, 19:06
yay I cant wait! :D.

Malksta
January 3rd, 2007, 19:06
Hope theres Popstation is improved in 3.03 OE-A, FF8 Always crashes when i'm near killing NORG :(.

Apoklepz
January 3rd, 2007, 19:47
Compression for Popstation?!?!? HOLY SHIT!!!
...Pardon my french, this is just way too exciting!

Kinda off-topic & pardon my ignorance guys but, can Popstation play games through Wi-fi Adhoc against another PSP? ...It's just that I have yet to try this.

weirdelf
January 3rd, 2007, 20:07
Compression for Popstation?!?!? HOLY SHIT!!!
...Pardon my french, this is just way too exciting!

Kinda off-topic & pardon my ignorance guys but, can Popstation play games through Wi-fi Adhoc against another PSP? ...It's just that I have yet to try this.

Not at the moment but hopefully we will be able to soon

x-zero
January 3rd, 2007, 20:38
I don't know what to say Dark_AleX is one amazing guy all his releases are breathtaking.

nyrtrublue
January 3rd, 2007, 20:59
he never ceases to amaze

jak66
January 3rd, 2007, 21:10
he never ceases to amaze

all we need him to do now is add a popcorn maker in one of these releases and itll be the best firmware ever!!!11!one!

lol, yep, it is preaty amazing how 4 people (It is 4 isn't it?) can screw Sony over and use there own stuff against them....

Now imagine how good firmware updates would be if DAX, HarleyG, etc work for Sony....You'd probably actually want to update your PSP

zevende
January 3rd, 2007, 21:15
Is this going to be just an update on the flash, or do you think it will format the flash0 when installing? I don't want to lose my custom gameboot and backgrounds for compressed PSX loading.

jak66
January 3rd, 2007, 21:25
its going to be 3.03OE, currently its 3.02OE. therefore a complete firmware install will be required (so yes, it will format flash0). you could always backup the gameboot and backgrounds to your memory stick, then flash with psp filer after you update (thats what i plan on doing)

zevende
January 3rd, 2007, 22:51
I guess I won't upgrade. The PSX compression thing seems kinda useless to me because I'm using a 4gb memory stick.

mavsman4457
January 4th, 2007, 02:27
This is awesome. Just great news, Dark_Alex is the man. I wonder what other updates there will be besides ISO compression. Hopefully it comes out tonight.

Lodis
January 4th, 2007, 02:41
I guess I won't upgrade. The PSX compression thing seems kinda useless to me because I'm using a 4gb memory stick.

Yep I guess it will be useless on my 4GB Memstick as well. Why would I want to fit twice as many Psx games on my 4GB Memstick :p

cdrdj
January 4th, 2007, 03:03
Yep I guess it will be useless on my 4GB Memstick as well. Why would I want to fit twice as many Psx games on my 4GB Memstick :p

I know what you mean. I just got a 4gig and have all the quality games I want plus music. BUt I still Have over a gig left... I guess that's what happens when you learn to budget your space when all you have is a gig stick.:)

xg917
January 4th, 2007, 04:34
i only have a 2 gig, i finish the game then take it off my memory stick, more space that way, but the compression of ps1 isos is going to be useful for me

Tetris999
January 4th, 2007, 04:34
HOLY CRAP HOLY CRAP----this is so cool!

i never knew dark alex is located at max console hes a mod huh

its funny under his name it says elite psp hacker lol

all we need him to do now is add a popcorn maker in one of these releases and itll be the best firmware ever!!!11!one!

lol, yep, it is preaty amazing how 4 people (It is 4 isn't it?) can screw Sony over and use there own stuff against them....

Now imagine how good firmware updates would be if DAX, HarleyG, etc work for Sony....You'd probably actually want to update your PSP

err yeah and if they did join sony then sony the phonies are going to make you pay for it in big bucks, the reason the coders are so awsome is because they HACK not HELP in psp updates, if they joined sony, what use there will be to them? i dont think security because security can be improved, but it always has a flaw in it

e.g. the works

Booster made devhook: sole purpose? emulate an update that SONY made while keeping 1.50, didnt improve anything now did he?
DAX made iso loaders, again it just loads OFF the memory stick, then again this is helpful in ways, but not money wise------>To sony
DAX made custom firmware and OH its sole feature is to have 1.50 and 3.03 combined in one, yes its hacked not improved and don't tell me recovery makes things better because homebrew is the reason some people us recovery, cuz some people flash therye psp's with HOMEBREW programs

believe me theres no reason for sony hiring them, unless they wanna destory the homebrew scene :( and as we all have seen SONY BASES ALMOST EVERYTHING ON MONEY, homebrewed would never be allowed thus thats why Dax and Booster or ookm would not come in handy to sony, they come in handy for all of the homebrew scene though and thats why we like em :D

oh yeah as you just pointed out you said 4 people turn sonys OWN stuff against them

dont take my words as insult, because its the very truth if youre hurt by it i cant put it in any easier words and im sorry if you get pissed off

flame0247
January 4th, 2007, 04:53
so the risk is going to happen again. of flashing ur psp?