PDA

View Full Version : Lua Dev Kit Alpha Released

wraggster
January 4th, 2007, 01:03
News/release from Glynndor (http://www.pspro.co.uk/luadevkit/index.htm)

It will be basically a game/application creation tool for the computer, any OS; Mac, Linux, Windows, you name it!
It will take the majority of the work out of making a game, the final thing will even have collision and more advanced features than most things...
Please note- it will not be WYSIWYG (what you see is what you get) tool- there may be some kind of WYSIWYG features in later versions, however it'll start with your code window- several menus, a preview box, and a few other things, I still have to decide the majority of the program.
This won't be an easy task though, and if this doesn't get a lot of support then I will not be doing it.
It will be coded in java- which, although universally hated, is quite a good language for this, the .jar's are small (can work on phones, although I don't think I'll be aiming it to do that) and can work on all operating systems.
If there is a big call for it I may even make it into an applet.
Note, at the beginning there will not be a drag-n-drop interface, because that will take quite a while to make reality.

Download and Give Feedback Via Comments

pt9087
January 4th, 2007, 03:57
Tryed And Failed

benn
January 4th, 2007, 09:50
this is something that i am interested in. will try and download when back at home this wkend.

EvilDooinz
January 4th, 2007, 10:57
Just learn c/c++ :) no need for Java and Lua both are scripting engines but gl.

Zion
January 4th, 2007, 19:20
its nothing at the moment really, from what i see it is just lua player in a renamed folder