PDA

View Full Version : Moving Into The Lite

Vixtro
January 4th, 2007, 01:05
I wonder if that title has been used already? anyway lets get down to the topic at hand.

I have been a regular to this site for a while now and as you can tell by my posts its just mainly browsing. I came here in the beginning to get advice on my emulation/homebrew needs for the PSP and the guys over in that area sorted me right out happy to say :) But I have just gotten so fed up with the PSP's awful controls I left it. After I had a go on my bros newly acquired DS Lite and a few games I just knew I had to get one and so I have one being sent to my house as I type this.

Right enough of the blah blah. I need you great all DS knowing people to help us out please. As you can guess I want to get into Emulation/Homebrew for the DS but have no idea what I should get for what I want. I know of 3 good flashcarts as recommended on the site (Supercard DS Lite, DS-Xtreme and Neo2SD) but what to get?

All I really want is one that is reliable and can back up and allow me to play those backed up NDS and GBA games. Also able to play Megadrive and Snes games couldn't go amiss.

One thing about the backed up games though, do they play like regular games with multiplayer as well via LAN and Wi-Fi?

Cheers for the help in advance :thumbup:

abeisgreat
January 4th, 2007, 04:12
Ok, First we kinda try not to talk about roms and backups here :(. So I am proud of you for finally figuring out that the psp stinks and moved to ds. Now to get to your questions: For flash carts I have a SCL (Supercard Lite) and I havent had any problem with backups and i only had one or two homebrew games not work. About Wifi and such it works fine i have used SCL for download play, multicart play, and wifi and they all work fine. Also you say you want to play GBA games, then dont go with the DS-X it doesnt support gba games.

Hope this helped. :D

Vixtro
January 4th, 2007, 10:16
Sorry bout the ROM talk, didn't see any rules stating it was not allowed so I'll keep it down to a minimum ;)

Yea that DS-X seems a bit too simple for what I'm looking for. It must be great for what it does but not being play GBA games and only having 512MB (4Gbit not 4GByte) space is a downer.

The supercard lite takes those Micro SD's which is awesome. I'll just get one with 1GB for now which should last me a while.

Thanks for the help! :thumbup:

Now I just wish I could return the favour in some way :rolleyes:

troid
January 5th, 2007, 00:11
i would agree with abeisgreat,

i also have supercard lite and would recommend it

but i wouldn't exclude m3