PDA

View Full Version : 3.03 OE-A vs. 1.50 (Comparison)

The_Ultimate_Eggman
January 4th, 2007, 10:15
1.50 ADVANTAGES
+All Homebrew working (The ones that cant be played arent needed for 3.03 OE-A like UMD-Emulator or PSPSet)

1.50 CONTRA
-Devhook needed to play newer Games
-Memory Sticks over 4GB not supported
-Only MP3, JPG and MP4 supported
-No Web-Browser

3.03 OE-A ADVANTAGES
+Hacked PSX Emulator (Play your own PSX-Disk Backups converted and compressed to Eboot)
+PRX-Plugins from MemoryStick (Overclock to 333MHZ, Brightness Level 4 without AC, Cheat Module...)
+Load PSP-Backups from XMB (Save Battery and faster Loading Times)
+Load compressed PSP-Backups (CSO, alot smaller but Games like GTA Lag) from XMB
+Nearly all 1.50 Homebrew works (3.03 OE-A is a modified Hybrid-FW of 1.50 and 3.03)
+No Space on the Memory Stick needed (Everything is in Flash while Devhook needs MS-Space)
+Memory Sticks over 4GB supported
+Devhook support
+1.00 Eboot support (Not Kxploited)
+Auto Eboot Launch
+Play UMD-Games that require Firmware 2.00-3.03
+WMA,H264,Flash and More Media Types supported
+UMD-Autostart ON/OFF Feature
+Recovery Mode (Rescue a Semi-Bricked PSP and configure Special features)
+All 3.03 Features and enhancements over 1.50 (Music Visualizer h264 Playback...)
+NoUMD-Mode (Expand Laser Unit Lifetime with Backups from MS)
+Complete Kernel Access
+Region Free (Changer)
+Skip SCE Logo
+Activate WMA and Flash Player (Registry Hack via Recovery Mode, without WiFi)
+X-O Button changer (for imported JAP PSP's for Example)
+Flash of PRX's
+No UMD Mode (No UMD in Drive while playing from MS)
+Decrypted Document.dat for PSX-Emulator Supported (Insert Manual and Cheats)

3.03 OE-A CONTRA
-Some Savegames from 1.50 Devhook don't work (Play it again with 33% more FPS (333MHZ) on 3.03 OE-A :-)
-NoUMD Mode Compatibility Problems for some Games
-Nearly full Flash 0 (Not much Space for big Gameboot.pmf's etc.)
-Location Free Player removed (Not enough Space Left in Flash0 but nearly noone uses it)
-Big Korean Font Files removed from Flash 0 (Relinked to other small Font)

3.03 OE-A/B is definately the "Golden Firmware". It's better than the plain 1.50 and any other official or unofficial Firmware out there. So stop asking. It has all the strenghts and none of the weaknesses of 1.50. And it's getting better with every update. You can downgrade everytime to 1.50 (Really Senseless). If anyone asks wich is the best Firmware, send him to this Thread. Now with the new Popstation cracked to play nearly any PSX-Game compressed and fullspeed i feel like in Heaven. Dark Alex is definately the King of the PSP Homebrew scene. Muchas Gracias.... For now, i can't imagine how to make this beautiful Firmware any better, but i'm shure it will get better... Anyway. Stop asking this Questions and update your PSP with the new Golden Firmware. SONY definately got owned....

razorak
January 4th, 2007, 10:52
it's out already?? O_o

belialone
January 4th, 2007, 12:10
im still waiting for a near to final release
something like c or d

eldj
January 4th, 2007, 12:23
maybe eggman needs to change the title to avoid confusion, i think he meant 3.02 not 3.03 oe because he mentioned oe A/B, maybe they would not make 3.02 oe-C if they're planning on releasing a 3.03 oe-A

Baboon
January 4th, 2007, 12:31
I went from 1.5 to 3.03 OE-B and I havent regreted it. This is without a doubt the best/golden firmware... and if you dont like it just revert back to 1.5! :)

Happy days. :)

Nikolaos
January 4th, 2007, 15:49
Well said, I hope 3.03 OE-A gets released today :)

mcshortcut
January 4th, 2007, 17:11
This ***god just stole my Comparison List. What's up with you?????? You should earn a Ban for this Shiiiit.. Moderators, please delete this Thread-Copy from this stupid fu**.....

scottyboynow
January 4th, 2007, 17:32
hey, hey, hey, take a chillpill or get of the forums.

mikebeaver
January 4th, 2007, 18:16
Nice comparisson list Eggman, im sure it willhelp the few people who are on 1.5 still, change there mind, just waiting onthe release now :)

Video_freak
January 4th, 2007, 18:28
Thanks a bunch for comparing the firmwares. I'm still on 1.5 but I'm getting more and more tempted to update to "the new golden fimrware". :)

EvilDooinz
January 4th, 2007, 18:32
wtf nice copy and paste there eggman

eject_hunter
February 1st, 2007, 15:53
:eek:

For the love of god someone make an installer for this new FW and realease it on the forums...!

noobies like me can even hold the mouse right, why are we expected to figure out the read me!@:rofl:

Tetris999
February 1st, 2007, 16:38
Yup thats copy and paste right there! i see why mcshorcut is so pissed off cuz i would be too