PDA

View Full Version : Is there any fully detailed FAQ's for using a PSX Emu on PSP? I am completely new.

focusandbelieve
January 4th, 2007, 22:01
I asked this on another part of the forum but i figured i would ask here too:

I am far from new to computer literacy, but I am new to PSP emulation. I was wondering if there is a step-by-step FAQ to how to get my PSP to run PSX games.

I tried to search for some FAQ's but it seems that alot of them are using lingo outside of my understanding and I dont want to brick my PSP without understand what the hell I just did to it.

If it helps, my PSP is a launch console. I know I will more than likely need to downgrade my firmware, and i need to check which motherboard i have, but I wanted to know if there is an FAQ so i know where to start and where to end. There are several games I am dying to play again.

Thank you for any and all help!

IndianCheese
January 4th, 2007, 22:28
Please begin by telling me exactly which firmware you have. If it is 2.80 or lower, please open up your UMD drive and look for the letters "IC1003" on the right green part inside your PSP. If it is NOT there, you are good on downgrading and other stuff which you will get help with later.

focusandbelieve
January 4th, 2007, 22:58
I have firmware 3.01

Those letters are not on the upper green part of the inside of the psp.

focusandbelieve
January 4th, 2007, 23:27
what would I do now?

carlitx
January 4th, 2007, 23:56
Ypur are my friend royaly screwed for updating that far. sorry for how this sounds but it's true man sorry.

focusandbelieve
January 5th, 2007, 00:00
you cant downgrade once you upgrade that far?

carlitx
January 5th, 2007, 00:34
not yet but do not upgrade anymore ull have to wait a while i waited 6 months for a dg for my 2.80 TA-082 psp so keep waitin dude.

johni
January 6th, 2007, 22:39
i wont poste a new topic so i will ask here....

can someone explain (need a guide) how to make everything wright to play PSX games (installation etc.)

i have the 3.02 oe-B firmware (well ...I'm working on it) and i hope that with ''original'' psp games wont be a problem (put on ms--->start from xbm-game-memory stick)

but how does it has to be with psx games (what do i need)???

if anyone knows if that kind of guide already exists plz just point me in that direction:)....if not plz help!

thx

minifatboy
January 8th, 2007, 07:10
newb question but can u downgrade if u do these custom firmwares. i just downgraded from 2.8 (yay)to 1.5 and updated again to 2.0.

splodger15
January 8th, 2007, 16:35
Why update to 2.0

eject_hunter
January 9th, 2007, 06:36
ok, since this about PSX emulation on PSP i have a question too.

i got PSP 1.5 USA version and currently happily play snake and tetris on my PSP. BUT THIS IS NOT ENOUGH.

i want PSX games on my PSP, can someone please point me to a emulator, i have 53 discs i wanna backup and play, btw i dont know how to make backups of PSX games so it would be nice if you could tell me how to do that.

thanks

splodger15
January 9th, 2007, 16:17
Update to 3.03 OEa

scottyboynow
January 9th, 2007, 16:27
Goto www.luazone.forum5.com and download of there ps.3.03OE-A2