PDA

View Full Version : Look out FIFA: Ubisoft eyes No.2 spot with Assassin's Creed

wraggster
August 5th, 2012, 14:04
It's most likely that 2012’s top three best-selling games will be Call of Duty, FIFA and Assassin’s Creed. But not in that order, says Ubisoft.
EMEA managing director Alain Corre has told MCV he hopes momentum behind Assassin’s Creed III will push it to the No.2 slot this year. The fifth game in the series, ACIII arrives on October 31st.
“In the last few years there’s Call of Duty and FIFA on top,” Corre told MCV.
“This year with the product we have and the buzz we’ve been hearing, we can say hello to FIFA. Hopefully we will beat it.
“We are lucky this year because there are not a lot of other action games coming and our product is better than before. When you mix the two, I think the potential for ACIII?can be really, really big.”
Corre says the market has prior form in pushing older franchises to the top.
“Call of Duty was the first one to go above 20m worldwide, at a time when it was five years old. It shows that when a game is perfect, perfectly accepted, then the consumers, with word of mouth, will go for it. I think with Assassin’s Creed we are going that way.”
For Creed specifically, broader appeal will help too, he added:
“We have a lot of different gameplay in the game. There are a lot of quests you can do that can appeal to the hardcore gamer, can appeal also to the father and his son, to the 30-year-old guy with his girlfriend. We’re trying to open up that so it can be an adventure game for everybody and I think there is no limit to what we can achieve.”

http://www.mcvuk.com/news/read/look-out-fifa-ubisoft-eyes-no-2-spot-with-assassin-s-creed/0100690