PDA

View Full Version : 3.03 OE font/gameboot/icon questons

getarhed1
January 5th, 2007, 06:39
i know i cant load up xflash or anything yet w the new fw, but has anyone tried using psp filer to flash custom fonts/gameboots/icons yet? im sure if i wait a few days a new xflash or something will come out but im very impatient, haha

joshisposer
January 5th, 2007, 07:45
I flashed my own icons with the recent icon flasher thing. It's pretty cool. So yeah, this works still.

dejkirkby
January 5th, 2007, 09:31
My icons and gameboots that I'd flashed on 3.02OE-B have stayed during the 3.03OE-A update so I'm happy!

ACID
January 5th, 2007, 09:44
Where do i get the tool for installing icons to the psp. And is there a place that have premade icons or do i have to make my own

dejkirkby
January 5th, 2007, 10:25
Where do i get the tool for installing icons to the psp. And is there a place that have premade icons or do i have to make my own

Stick with me, bro. I'll guide you through it.

vision
January 5th, 2007, 12:41
I want to know to can you help me out dejkirkby. also i flashed my own themes 01-12.bmp using filer 2.4

dejkirkby
January 5th, 2007, 13:04
First of all DO NOT jupgrade to 3.03OE..........yet.
1. Get X-Flash v18g
2. Restore the system settings, going to SYSTEM/SYSTEM SETTINGS/RESTORE DEFAULT SETTINGS on your PSP, as well as taking Parental Lock off. (This is so you don't get the boot from X-Flash.
3.Put your custom gameboot (use google to find them) in the modified folder the X-Flash file ( the one without the %)
4. Use one of the several topmenu_plugin.rco creating programs along with your images to create you own topmenu_plugin.rco file. Or simpler, get one this is already pre-made.(google is useful again)
5. Put this custom topmenu_plugin.rco in the modified folder.
6. Flashing the gameboot is simple. Follow the instructions given by the X-Flash program and you shouldn't go wrong.
7. Flashing the Custom XMB icons is a little trickier. You need to go to option 14 and press left. It should read "open PSP unit information screen" Press x.
8 After X-Flash reads the PSP information, Hold down both L & R triggers and press x. It will then flash your topmenu_plugin.rco.
9. Exit X-Flash and hopefully your custom icons should be there.
10. Add an appropriate background and you are all set.
11. NOW upgrade to 3.03OE and hopefully, your icons and gameboots should be untouched. I don't know if it matters, but I DID NOT format my MS before upgrading.

Gold Line
January 5th, 2007, 13:30
i want to change one of my icons not all of them how do i do this

dejkirkby
January 5th, 2007, 14:09
i want to change one of my icons not all of them how do i do this

You can't, as far as I know because you are on 3.03 OE-A

darthhaze420
January 5th, 2007, 14:36
i used uflash to put on my custom gameboot on 3.03oe .my cintro is the same as 3.02oe-b i am just waiting on kando to make the gbmod for 3.03oe . but uflash works with 3.03oe you can do font\backround\gameboot\and dump firmware it is not as good as xflash but it works just fine

Gold Line
January 5th, 2007, 14:49
You can't, as far as I know because you are on 3.03 OE-A

what if i downgrade to 1.50 then upgrade to 3.02 oe-b then can i change one of my xmb icons

dejkirkby
January 5th, 2007, 15:27
what if i downgrade to 1.50 then upgrade to 3.02 oe-b then can i change one of my xmb icons
I suppose you could do it that way with Topmenu Generator.

Gold Line
January 5th, 2007, 15:40
I suppose you could do it that way with Topmenu Generator.

but i used Topmenu Generator before i upgraded and it only lets you change all of them

dejkirkby
January 5th, 2007, 15:43
but i used Topmenu Generator before i upgraded and it only lets you change all of them

Couldn't you find the original ones you want to keep as jpg's and just replace the one you don't want and then create your topmenu_plugin.rco?

Gold Line
January 5th, 2007, 16:47
Couldn't you find the original ones you want to keep as jpg's and just replace the one you don't want and then create your topmenu_plugin.rco?

i cant find the orignal ones do you know where to find them if you do plez tell me

dejkirkby
January 5th, 2007, 16:52
i cant find the orignal ones do you know where to find them if you do plez tell me

You could get a screen grab of a PSP XMB and using Photoshop or even Paint to cut out the images and save them if you wanted!

Gold Line
January 5th, 2007, 17:21
You could get a screen grab of a PSP XMB and using Photoshop or even Paint to cut out the images and save them if you wanted!

how do i get a screen shot of my psp

splodger15
January 5th, 2007, 17:32
I think you have to use that screen capture module

Gold Line
January 5th, 2007, 17:37
I think you have to use that screen capture module

where do i get it