PDA

View Full Version : (Stupid) Question re: 3.03

throughsilver
January 5th, 2007, 11:39
I'm just about to upgrade to 3.03 for the OE-a - is it as homebrew friendly as the 3.02 equivalent was? Only, I don't want compressed ISOs at the expense of my other emus. Thanks.

steve-b
January 5th, 2007, 11:47
All my regular homebrew still works..snes, speccy, amiga, atari etc. I'd imagine it is just as compatible since it's really the 3.0 side that has changed, not the 1.50 portion.

throughsilver
January 5th, 2007, 11:53
Oh, of course! The 1.5 EBOOT will still be there. Cheers.

If you don't mind my asking: has it made any practical change to your use of the PSP, other than compressed I*Os? i.e. any reason I wouldn't want to upgrade from 3.02 OE-b?

Oh, and I might as well ask while I'm here. Do I have to remove anything before I upgrade?

Thanks for any help.

[edit] Amiga emu, eh? Which one do you use? I installed one a couple of months back and it's not amazing. I'd love for something to run Syndicate at close to full speed.

steve-b
January 5th, 2007, 12:00
it fixes a couple of minor bugs but it's not a drastic upgrade. I'm having mixed success with compression also...one file went from 630 megs down to 599..so not that great really.

I never removed anything from my setup and it all worked fine, but it was a stock setup with no customisations flashed. I didn't have any plugins either..I guess you'd want to remove anything like that before you upgraded.

Yeah the amiga emulator is not great but it is getting better. It's pretty close to full speed now for alot of games.

throughsilver
January 5th, 2007, 12:26
Thanks again. And I see there is a v. 0.62 of PSPUA, so I'll have to look into that.

throughsilver
January 5th, 2007, 13:50
OK, I'm in 3.03 now (Brave New World!). Only problem is I can't run the Popstation. What's this 'command line' bit about?

steve-b
January 5th, 2007, 14:19
Download psx2psp gui for it. It makes life a hundred times easier :)

throughsilver
January 5th, 2007, 14:24
Oh cool, I already had that for my 3.02-B. Hot. So I can just send RAR files through that, or what?

steve-b
January 5th, 2007, 14:59
no, you just use ISO file. Popstation does the compression if you tick the box and select the ratio (0 up to 9)

You need the latest version of psx2psp since the older version does not have the compression option available

throughsilver
January 5th, 2007, 15:00
Yeah, I was kinda wondering about that. Excitement!

Also, I just loaded up my version of Ridge Racer Turbo, and I had forgotten how much of an improvement that was.

throughsilver
January 5th, 2007, 15:16
Hmm, got new psx2psp, and am getting 'invalid number of arguments' error. Games I have transferred previously aren't even going through. Is it anything I am doing wrong?

steve-b
January 5th, 2007, 15:19
you have all the files in the right place? you still need base.pbp, keys.bin, popstation.exe, cygwin1.dll, probably some others that I forget. Check the readme, it tells all :)

throughsilver
January 5th, 2007, 15:21
Yeah, those files are all there. And I am using the same ISOs as I did with psx2psp v.0.6... Maybe it has something to do with my Options - I'll take another look.

edit: it also says "Usage: popstation file.iso"

Tinnus
January 6th, 2007, 02:52
You're using the old popstation. Get the new popstation.exe from 3.03 OE-A and put it inside the Files folder.

gamerremag
January 6th, 2007, 04:02
what is the biggest compression you guys have got? i was thinking of upgrading from 3.02oe-b, but i wasnt sure it was worth it

SketchPCIS
January 6th, 2007, 05:26
Basically, I got a 547mb game (Destrega) down to 312mb at Compression lvl 9 And it works the same as if it were uncompressed.

gamerremag
January 6th, 2007, 16:55
oh it is worth it....

throughsilver
January 6th, 2007, 18:16
You're using the old popstation. Get the new popstation.exe from 3.03 OE-A and put it inside the Files folder.
I haven't tested it yet, but I think you've provided the solution to my woes! I had the old Popstation in the new PSX2PSP files folder. And Vagrant Story has been compressed from 230+ meg to less than a hundred.

Fingers crossed!