PDA

View Full Version : Final Fantasy 7 better on 3.02 than 3.03?

althena77
January 5th, 2007, 16:10
Hello!

I just upgraded from 3.02 OE-B to 3.03 OE-A. No problems with the process as usual but when I continued playing FF7 (what I am doing right now on PopStation) I noticed that there are some GFX missing now. For example when a fight starts you don't see the fading out of the area, the screen just freezes and then the fight starts a second later. During the fight the menus flicker now a little, what did not happen in 3.02 OE-B.
I recreated the EBOOT.PBP with the new postation.exe that came with the new cw and tried both, no compression and maximum compression (9) but this didn't fix this.

Other people having the same problem or maybe other new problems (or improvements) with the switch from 3.02 to 3.03?

throughsilver
January 5th, 2007, 16:19
Yeh, I can't seem to get compression going - either with the Popstation (which asks for that .dll file, which is there) or psx2psp.

Then again, I am a bit of an idiot when it comes to tech stuff like this.

Gold Line
January 5th, 2007, 16:34
hey throughsilver psx2psp dose not work on 3.03 oe-a and popstation can go wrong try useing this http://www.dcemu.co.uk/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=48136 right click on the iso and open with that pop station

althena77 i have been having the gliches whith ff7 i might even down grade back to 3.02 oe-a (NOT HAPPY WITH THE 3.03 OE-A UPGRADE DARK ALEX)

throughsilver
January 5th, 2007, 16:48
Thanks for the advice; it unfortunately still didn't work. It was asking me to make sure I had the correct names for stuff, and I'm pretty sure I have.

althena77
January 5th, 2007, 17:05
althena77 i have been having the gliches whith ff7 i might even down grade back to 3.02 oe-a (NOT HAPPY WITH THE 3.03 OE-A UPGRADE DARK ALEX)

Alright, so I am not the only one with this problem. Guess so I will also downgrade again to 3.02 OE-B at least until I finished Final Fantasy 7.

I don't think that we should or can blame Dark_AleX for that. Probably it was Sony who made some changes in the emulator that effect FF7 without them knowing (as FF7 is not an officially supported game yet).

Gold Line
January 5th, 2007, 17:05
Thanks for the advice; it unfortunately still didn't work. It was asking me to make sure I had the correct names for stuff, and I'm pretty sure I have.

dose your popstation folder look like this

http://img402.imageshack.us/img402/3561/popyy8.png

throughsilver
January 5th, 2007, 17:56
http://img297.imageshack.us/img297/1340/popsbk6.jpg
I seem to be missing pic0.png.

Gold Line
January 5th, 2007, 18:11
try renameing the ridge spesh.bin file to ridge spesh.iso and then double click on the popstation file
and here is that pic0 file

throughsilver
January 5th, 2007, 18:23
Thanks for the file. The error I am receiving is the same both for this programme and psx2psp. Here is the latest, after the renaming of .bin to .iso:

http://img230.imageshack.us/img230/9043/err01hm3.jpg

Gold Line
January 5th, 2007, 18:55
my info looks like this what about yours

http://img412.imageshack.us/img412/5092/o9oobv1.png

throughsilver
January 5th, 2007, 19:07
http://img240.imageshack.us/img240/959/menuse5.jpg

Cloudhunter
January 5th, 2007, 20:54
Hello!

I just upgraded from 3.02 OE-B to 3.03 OE-A. No problems with the process as usual but when I continued playing FF7 (what I am doing right now on PopStation) I noticed that there are some GFX missing now. For example when a fight starts you don't see the fading out of the area, the screen just freezes and then the fight starts a second later. During the fight the menus flicker now a little, what did not happen in 3.02 OE-B.
I recreated the EBOOT.PBP with the new postation.exe that came with the new cw and tried both, no compression and maximum compression (9) but this didn't fix this.

Other people having the same problem or maybe other new problems (or improvements) with the switch from 3.02 to 3.03?

I've actually had the same problem... However, it isn't Dark_AleX's fault, it's whatever "Improvements" Sony have made to the emulator. However, at least FF7 PAL has alot less glitches now... I'll try flashing the 3.02 pops.prx, and see what happens... Although I suspect it probably won't work.

Cloudy

Tetris999
January 5th, 2007, 21:33
hey throughsilver psx2psp dose not work on 3.03 oe-a and popstation can go wrong try useing this http://www.dcemu.co.uk/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=48136 right click on the iso and open with that pop station

its not dark_alex's problem, sony makes this ps1 emulator, not him, so be happy with what hes at least done

wolfpack
January 5th, 2007, 22:33
yea, can i go back down to 3.02oe from my 3.03oe firmwire without it bricking by just putting in the 3.02oe files or do i have to downgrade to 1.5 through recovery and then back up to 3.02oe? plus ive noticed that the graphics on original mode arent as sharp as they were before

Gold Line
January 5th, 2007, 22:52
throughsilver

try PSX2PSP v[1][1].0.7.1 you will find it on this site(or you just PM me and i will give it to ya)and i have just put a game on my psp using this its great and easy but pal-ntsc dont work

PS dark alex sorry its not you its dam sony trying to fix there emu in the 3.03 upgrade but if it is the 3.03upgrade could have just made 3.02 OE-C

throughsilver
January 5th, 2007, 23:06
throughsilver

try PSX2PSP v[1][1].0.7.1 you will find it on this site(or you just PM me and i will give it to ya)and i have just put a game on my psp using this its great and easy but pal-ntsc dont work
Cool, thanks. Is that different to PSX2PSP v.0.7.1, because I got that one this morning.

The result should be in my sig, if the upload worked...

[edit] No, the sig apparently didn't work.

http://img399.imageshack.us/img399/7351/errsigdl0.jpg

Auriman1
January 5th, 2007, 23:11
throughsilver: the size of your Hot Shots eboot (aka base.pbp) is radically wrong (way too small, compare to Gold Line's picture). I'd assume getting a proper file will fix your problem.

Regarding the glitches, I had them too in 3.03 OE, and quickly downgraded back. I wonder if a patch could be made for 3.02 OE-B to allow compression without changing the playstation emulator's operation?

throughsilver
January 5th, 2007, 23:27
throughsilver: the size of your Hot Shots eboot (aka base.pbp) is radically wrong (way too small, compare to Gold Line's picture). I'd assume getting a proper file will fix your problem.
Wow, just noticed: that's quite the disparity.

I have been able to play PS1 games on my PSP with it before today's upgrade, though, which is what's so perplexing.

flame0247
January 6th, 2007, 03:24
yea i want to downgrade back to 3.02 OE-B , can someone pst up a guild on how to downgrade?

SSaxdude
January 6th, 2007, 03:33
I have heard about FFVII having some missings GFX, but that it also runs faster. Tony Hawk runs correctly now, so I'm happy with 3.03 OE-A.

If you really want to downgrade, just put the 1.5 update EBOOT in a folder named RECOVERY which either goes in GAME or GAME150 (I think it's GAME but I'm not 100% sure.) Next run the update from the recovery menu.

Tinnus
January 6th, 2007, 03:57
throughsilver: Get the popstation.exe from 3.03 OE-A, you're using the old one. And when using something command-line based like popstation.exe or a BAT file, put the file name inside quotes or don't use spaces in it, or else Windows will think the space in the file name is separating arguments.

(geez, that's what happens with kids that have been born in the Windows era and don't even know what a command prompt and arguments are :p)

Now on topic, FF7 now has no battle swirl (which won't kill anyone, for crying out loud) but there are some fixes like the finger-cursor bug in battle, and also some stuff is more smooth (looks like more frames are rendered) like Tifa's Limit Break, or also the 'X' in the Boost feature from FF8 (that was unusable before due to the X only appearing when you can no longer press the button, hence it would go back to the start).

Now, really, I have absolutely no problem in missing a battle swirl for ONE game (FF7) if I can fit more games on my card thanks to the compression :)

Mister Klownes
January 6th, 2007, 04:09
I'm still on 3.02, and I realize this question belongs somewhere else, where it may have already been answered, but has anyone else been getting some really weird sounds coming out of the popstation emu? It's mostly a lot of static, speed drops, and funky distortion that I know is in the emu itself, because I've tried headphones just to make sure it isn't a speaker issue. Any thoughts?

baracki96
January 6th, 2007, 04:13
just upgraded minuets ago, and playing Legend of dragoon disk2 ntsc I can't say I've noticed any strange sounds.

psp_sfdm
January 6th, 2007, 05:49
I hope everyone here knows that you don't have to downgrade back to 3.02 OE-B as 3.03 OE-A will still be able to play your uncompressed ISO files that you made in the 3.02 OE-B popstation. I tried it all my files that I created in the previous popstation and they still work great.

porchemasi
January 6th, 2007, 06:11
I saved around 200 mb but have the same GFX probs but they dont worry me too much, i can live with it

S34MU5
January 6th, 2007, 06:31
i ccant get f9 to run at all :(

M!ckeY
January 6th, 2007, 07:15
my ff9 runs like a rocket!! :eek:

Tetris999
January 6th, 2007, 08:27
so you guys miss the swirl in ff7 if you take it from me personally i wouldnt like to have a seizure everytime i would start a battle :p

other than that i have never seen any graphical glitches with ff7

the_eternal_dark
January 6th, 2007, 10:51
so you guys miss the swirl in ff7 if you take it from me personally i wouldnt like to have a seizure everytime i would start a battle :p

other than that i have never seen any graphical glitches with ff7

I have, only at compression level 9 though.

throughsilver
January 6th, 2007, 19:08
throughsilver: Get the popstation.exe from 3.03 OE-A, you're using the old one. And when using something command-line based like popstation.exe or a BAT file, put the file name inside quotes or don't use spaces in it, or else Windows will think the space in the file name is separating arguments.

(geez, that's what happens with kids that have been born in the Windows era and don't even know what a command prompt and arguments are :p)
Well I am in my mid 20s, so it's more a case o' just not getting a PC until I was an adult. I did have to write essays out on a green screen Epson back in the day, you know. ;)

So I'm trying this command level thing, but you'll have to be patient with my ignorance, I'm afraid. I get that I have to type out the address, and 'My Documents' gets condensed to one word? And do I just type \"popstation" after that? I'm clueless on this stuff.

I tried AutoPopstation2 (a recent programme, as I understand it: it asks for compression levels), wit and without spaces, but again to no avail. Any help would, again, be appreciated.

NCGreyFox
January 7th, 2007, 03:47
I suggest you just get the PSX2PSP GUI for Popstation off of dl.qj.net.