PDA

View Full Version : Cant run PSX-games in 3.03OE

Tafkada
January 5th, 2007, 15:47
Ok, here goes.

I just updated from fw 1.5 to 3.03 OE custom firmware. The thing is, when i try to play psx-games the machine just starts to load, gives me the black screen and then sends me back to the XMB saying "the game couldnt be loaded".

eboot and .keys files are in the right place.
Anybody got an idea what the problem is or has anyone had similar problems? Im thinking i cant be alone with this. Im either really stupid or the owner of a posessed PSP. Help needed.

splodger15
January 5th, 2007, 16:00
NO ISO talk on the forum

BurningRage
January 5th, 2007, 16:24
yup, same problem here

gamerremag
January 5th, 2007, 22:31
NO ISO talk on the forum

he didnt say anything about .isos

plus, where the **** do you think everyone got their Hot Shots Golf 2 game file. dont even say ps3

Shrygue
January 5th, 2007, 22:44
I didn't need to download that Hot Shots 2 game to obtain the base.pbp and key.bin files. After a lengthy search, I found them in a neat little package somewhere on the Internet. For me, I have custom firmware 3.03 OE-A and have no problem running PSX games on my PSP.

g00gy
January 5th, 2007, 22:51
Ok, here goes.

I just updated from fw 1.5 to 3.03 OE custom firmware. The thing is, when i try to play psx-games the machine just starts to load, gives me the black screen and then sends me back to the XMB saying "the game couldnt be loaded".

eboot and .keys files are in the right place.
Anybody got an idea what the problem is or has anyone had similar problems? Im thinking i cant be alone with this. Im either really stupid or the owner of a posessed PSP. Help needed.

did you make sure to follow word from word the read me or a guide to help to see what your doing wrong. maybe you should try a gui to help with the conversion if youre inexperianced with the command prompt.

Broadus
January 5th, 2007, 23:03
Y'know, there's a good chance your PS1 game is simply broken.
Well, I think that's only true if the Playstation logo appears. I've had games where the Playstation logo would appear but then I'd just get a black screen and I'd be sent back to the .XMB. That particular game wouldn't work, but a different game would work just fine. I've gotten both Medal of Honors, all of the Command and Conquers and Warcraft 2 working, but I hadn't managed to get an Army Men game to work, probably because the format I dumped it in.

gamerremag
January 6th, 2007, 19:20
I didn't need to download that Hot Shots 2 game to obtain the base.pbp and key.bin files. After a lengthy search, I found them in a neat little package somewhere on the Internet. For me, I have custom firmware 3.03 OE-A and have no problem running PSX games on my PSP.

well, obviously you did, because the base.pbp is the hotshots 2 game file. congrats! your a pirate. not meant to be funny

NCGreyFox
January 7th, 2007, 01:08
I have successfully converted Tekken 2 to an EBOOT using the PSX2PSP tool without having to download the Hot Shots 2 files. I think they are included in the program, though :thumbup:

steve-b
January 7th, 2007, 01:13
holy grey area batman. Unless you have a ps3 and payed for the hotshots golf game, you are a pirate to get this psx emulation going. No two ways about it.

baracki96
January 7th, 2007, 01:30
Wow, then dcemu is like a large pirate bay. anywho, I had the same problem but for me it was just that I had set psp\game to use the 1.5 kernal. double check your file placement.

NCGreyFox
January 7th, 2007, 01:38
Or you can make a GAME150 folder in the PSP folder.

xg917
January 7th, 2007, 01:46
um, u dont need to pirate to get the keys.bin

theiceman79
January 7th, 2007, 02:13
I am unable to load some but not all psx games. Currently using custom firmware 3.03OE. I am able to load Metal Slug X but when attempting to load Castlevania SOTN, Die Hard Trilogy and others, it quits back to the menu with the message 'the game could not be started (80010002)' error. I am certain the image files are ok. ANY IDEA?

gamerremag
January 7th, 2007, 04:31
um, u dont need to pirate to get the keys.bin

we werent talking about the keys, we were talking about the base