PDA

View Full Version : Best solution for multi disc psx games?

qskint
January 5th, 2007, 19:37
which is the best way of playing games spread out over more than 1 cd? could you also tell me how do to any of these disc swap operations, id really like to play through ff7 and then onto other titles.

ive read about taking memory card out and swapping discs, using a pc emu (which seems quite time consuming?) and also megring the iso's into 1, which sounds the best if it works.

thanks

PlayingKarrde
January 5th, 2007, 20:46
Give each disc the same gameid so they can read the same memory card, then when it comes to changing the disc save, and pop the next iso in.

For games that dont allow you to save before changing discs you will need cwcheat. I've not used it so read the readme that comes with it to work out how.

SketchPCIS
January 6th, 2007, 06:11
cwcheat is...slightly confusing to me, and it requires devhook (something I don't have on my PSP at all) so I was personally wondering if anyone has developed a memorycard converter that will allow you to read it on your PC emulator, play past the disc change, and then save and convert back and load the new disc?

qskint
January 6th, 2007, 20:54
yeah i dont have devhook and dont really wanna put it on. hmm

irishwhip
January 7th, 2007, 00:09
some games, like parasite eve, can be combined into a single iso so that there is no need to swap discs

SketchPCIS
January 7th, 2007, 00:51
some games, like parasite eve, can be combined into a single iso so that there is no need to swap discs

Care to share the knowledge?

BelmontSlayer
January 7th, 2007, 01:37
Care to share the knowledge?

A patch was release for Parasite Eve to combine the discs. The author is supposedly working on a few other multi-disc patches too.

Since FFVII lets you save between discs, simply give all the games the same game id. When it asks you to insert the next disc, simply exit and load the disc 2 eboot, load up the end of disc 1 save and voila!

Also, you don't need DevHook to use CWCheat. Simply put the "seplugins" folder in the root of you psp. Then enter recovery mode, go to plugins and enable CWCheat. When playing a game, hold down select for 3 seconds to enter the CWCheat menu.

SketchPCIS
January 7th, 2007, 05:22
I finally got cwcheat to work (For some reason, simply installing it the way you said (Ya know...following the readme files...lol) did NOT work...but the new compilation release worked fine) and simply played the game until I was able to save on Disc 2.

It's a little inconvenient, but it -works- so that's the most important part :P

I may go with the patch instead of doing that for other games if he releases them, so it looks like it's just a matter of time before the multidisc issue is a thing of the past.

andrewgabriel77
January 7th, 2007, 18:21
I just named them all the same and with the same game id, gave them all the same icon, but put a different pic1.png in for each (disc1 midgar, disc2 sephiroth in flame, disc3 crater explosion) and put them in ms0:\psp\game\ffvii disc1, ms0:\psp\game\ffvii disc2, etc. This way I can tell the difference between them while browsing through the xmb.

scottyboynow
January 7th, 2007, 19:02
I was wondering how you switch discs.I'm playing driver 2 and thats a 2 disc game

althena77
January 7th, 2007, 19:12
I was wondering how you switch discs.I'm playing driver 2 and thats a 2 disc game

You can't, the PS1 emulator in the 3.0x firmware doesn't support that yet. So game that come on more than one disc and don't allow you to save at exactly that moment you can't continue on your PSB. You need to do the disc swap on an emulator on your pc.

There are already some threads about this problem, look for them.

Festizzio
January 7th, 2007, 20:52
Wait, so if I ripped FF7 all from the same disc set using the same program for each one, they would have the same game ID's, right?