http://blogcritics.org/archives/2005/04/01/124400.php

(Don't believe it will happen though)

(But the story was on April 1st)

wraggster
April 2nd, 2005, 12:27
not a chance :P

aseddon130
April 2nd, 2005, 14:46
a very very very very highy unbelieveable april fools joke - maybe more believeable if they said the ngage or something ...

Devlin
April 2nd, 2005, 15:23
apparenly it was also on google news.
seems believeable to me.
sony deserve it anyway.

leggy
April 2nd, 2005, 15:48
Of course it was a joke, they really meant the DS is to be withdrawn cos it's carp :p :D

MetaFox
April 2nd, 2005, 15:50
I was not aware that the DS was a fish. ;)

scrabbus
April 2nd, 2005, 16:52
thu ds is carp an i'll jus sit outside this shop wi me mates and drink cheep cyder an smoke bad cigs, while we talk abowt how eksilint the psp is an how sony is ded gud, hey luk at my new trainarz an that, my henri lloyd jumpur is ded gud 2, wot a waxur

twomilesfromdavid
April 2nd, 2005, 16:52
lol.........

scrabbus
April 2nd, 2005, 16:53
CHAVS LUV SONY, hehehehehe

leggy
April 2nd, 2005, 17:15
scrabbus - in English???? :D :p

aseddon130
April 2nd, 2005, 17:33
scrabbus what the hell u talking about .... oh wait ... i figured it out .... NINTENDO FANBOY :p

Pecks2005
April 3rd, 2005, 01:38
Really, this has to be a joke. Even if Sony were in trouble, these guys make $30 billion in a slump year. I don't think a $90million dollar loss would make them withdraw a whole Playstation product line. Especially considering it's only been on the market for a week. Sony would probally lose even more if they scrapped the PSP.

unsungzero
April 3rd, 2005, 02:34
Correction.. Chavs LONG after a PSP but considerin' the fact that most are on the dole or work at maccy d's they gotta settle for lesser playthings.. shame really :rolleyes:

aseddon130
April 3rd, 2005, 02:47
Chavs LONG after a PSP but considerin' the fact that most are on the dole or work at maccy d's they gotta settle for lesser playthings:rolleyes:

yea - either that or they'll have to sell their 'kitted up' Vauxhall Nova's !! :rolleyes:

Vimes220
April 3rd, 2005, 08:27
CHAVS LUV SONY, hehehehehe
Bring on the burberry PSP range :D

Vimes220
April 3rd, 2005, 08:36
more seriously, Sony were sued for patent infringement on the 'Haptic' technology (where controllers vibrate in line with actions on the screen), So unless the PSP has this we are OK

article here
http://news.com.com/Sony+ordered+to+pay+90+million%2C+halt+game+sales/2100-1047_3-5641924.html?tag=nefd.top

leggy
April 3rd, 2005, 11:23
Bring on the burberry PSP range :D

Burberry - now wouldn't that be sick!!

scrabbus
April 3rd, 2005, 11:37
no i'm not a nintendo fanboy in the slightest, I actually own most of the major consoles out there today including a psone and ps2 et al. I was just making an observation, I have been to most major uk cities in my search for rare and great videogames systems and games, ALL of the major games outlets i've been in are always full of the burberry capped chav brigade, all huddled around the PS2 shelves and bargain bins, just an observation, I actually had one silly chav tell me that the "Dreeeemcast was shite" when he saw me purchasing a fishing rod and steering wheel (which I got both for £10!!) he didnt actually comment on my copy of ICO for the ps2, funny that? SO PLEASE I'M WAY TOO OLD TO BE A FANBOY, I wasnt born in the 80's I was born BEFORE CIRCA 1974

scrabbus
April 3rd, 2005, 11:38
very funny UNSUNGZERO, a very funny social observation, sad thing is its true, they wont buy one they will probably "TAX" one from some little kids or burgle a one!!!!

unsungzero
April 3rd, 2005, 15:14
Wouldn't be suprised if somebody got beat to a pulp and had their PSP/DS stolen.. which is why I'm not gonna venture out with either just yet, you never can tell round here if you are gonna be a victim to mass swarms of chavs lookin' for somethin to steal and sell for cider/cig money LOL

Anyway.. back on topic, I can't see Sony dropping the PSP especially when it could become part of PS3, maybe with minigames which could be downloaded to the PSP much like the VMU with the Dreamcast :D now that I'd like to see!