PDA

View Full Version : Unusual PSP Brick -- Please Help!!!

wiitendo
January 6th, 2007, 00:31
Okay, here's the story, it may help one of you to help me.

My friends PSP was bricked, and he had 2.71 SE-A. This happened while trying to install straight to 3.02OE-B. Well, I unbricked it, and his PSP firmware was 1.5, good!

Here's the bad news...We tryed upgrading again to 3.02 OE-A, and.....it bricked again. I don't know if your supposed to update from 1.5 straight to 3.02 OE-A.

Weirly enough, the update to 3.02 OE-A worked 50%, and it had the Recovery Mode......but Recovery Mode doesn't work! Is it because the firmware is already 1.5, and Recovery Mode downgrades to 1.5??? Please help, the only thing I can think of is switching the 1.5 update in the RECOVERY folder to a lower update...PLEASE HELP!!

:confused:

SSaxdude
January 6th, 2007, 00:50
There is no recovery mode in 1.5 (unless he had HarleyG's custom firmware, but you would take that off before upgrading to 3.03 OE-A.) I'm sorry but I think your friends PSP is bricked, he might want to send it to Sony or get it modchiped.

wiitendo
January 6th, 2007, 00:59
I said....the PSP partially upgraded to 3.02 OE-A, and only the Recovery Mode was added, which means the PSP is still in the 1.5 firmware, but with the Recovery Mode of the Custom Firmwares.

Can I replace the UPDATE.PBP with a another Firmware update?

gymnotropic
January 6th, 2007, 01:36
Start in recovery mode, toggle the USB, and put a 1.50 update in X:/PSP/GAME/RECOVERY.

Next run the program where it says "Run progragram at /PSP/GAME/RECOVERY/EBOOT.PBP".

By the way, if you've partially bricked it twice now, I believe you are doing something wrong. :p Be sure to pay extra special attention to details in the instructions.

Edit: You can upgrade from 1.50 to 3.03 OE-A. Also, I'm not sure if running the update via the method I mentioned cleans the flash, so search for a custom firmware remover at http://dl.qj.net/

wiitendo
January 6th, 2007, 01:46
I think I have made a breakthrough in PSP hacking. You can just delete ALL the files in the RECOVERY folder, and have any firmware in the folder (called EBOOT.PBP, not UPDATE.PBP), and only it.

What happens is that the Recovery Mode executes the firmware update, but very weirdly. The loading bar showing that the firmware is updating shows, and the "accept", and "do not accept" buttons show, but not the firmware description!!!

It Still Works Though! We must spread the word!

baracki96
January 6th, 2007, 01:58
hmm, sounds kinda fishy to me, but hey, straanger things have worked, i'll spread the word.

SkatesBest
January 6th, 2007, 02:13
i upgraded from 1.5 str8 to 3.02 OE-A, and it didnt brick so its possible

madcat1990
January 6th, 2007, 02:29
I have upgraded and downgraded Loads of times from 1.50 to 3.02 OE-B

Never bricked... Just followed the instructions... Are they so hard to follow? XD

wiitendo
January 6th, 2007, 02:45
I've already contacted QJ.net! They may post it on the front page...keep your eyes peeled!

I've found it should work when other custom firmwares, like OE, and SE. Just empty the RECOVERY folder, and put any firmware in their you want! My friend just tryed it over the phone, and yes, his SE-C PSP was bricked, and he downgraded to 2.71, while unbricking his PSP; only by emptying the RECOVERY folder, and putting in the 2.71 update, so ut should work with any firmware!

We must spread this across the web, for the sake of bricked PSP owners!

xg917
January 6th, 2007, 03:59
wow... thats nice, now to test on 5 psps to see if we can confirm it working

wiitendo
January 6th, 2007, 05:01
Yes! Only if we had 5 PSPs.....anyone want to donate?

xg917
January 6th, 2007, 05:24
naw, its better to just use the normal recovery