PDA

View Full Version : L2 and R2 PSP?

KuLeD00d
January 6th, 2007, 01:32
Everyone is mentioning how they have PSX games running on their PSP. I have yet to find my PS1 games to make a iso of and I've just been dying to know.

HOW the HELL do you do L2 and R2 ?

gamerremag
January 6th, 2007, 01:36
you can use left on the analoge stick for l2, right for r2, and up for l2 and r2

you can switch the configuration, too

KuLeD00d
January 6th, 2007, 01:40
you can use left on the analoge stick for l2, right for r2, and up for l2 and r2

you can switch the configuration, tooSo you modify the analog on the left-side of the PSP on which directions you would like L2 and R2? Alright.. so, what happens if you have a game that requires analog?

Hobobo
January 6th, 2007, 01:53
If a game requires analog it doens't work =D

gamerremag
January 6th, 2007, 01:56
there werent anygames that require analouge

well that i can think of

joshisposer
January 6th, 2007, 03:19
There were games that could use analog and stuff. Like the right analog stick. It doesn't matter, i'm extremely happy with this.

Mister Klownes
January 6th, 2007, 03:21
None required it like so many PS2 games, but plenty had the option to utilize analog. The option just goes dark as if using an analog-less controller (see Chrono Cross if you have a copy available to ebootofy). I imagine the officially released Sony versions might fix said problem, but I suppose we'll just have to wait and see.

joshisposer
January 6th, 2007, 06:36
With NFL Gameday, if helped a lot if you had a right analog stick. You could move your line and stuff. BTW, has anyone tried like MoH on psx/psp. Because, i though FPS needed a second analog stick. I'll have to find it

scottyboynow
January 6th, 2007, 15:28
With NFL Gameday, if helped a lot if you had a right analog stick. You could move your line and stuff. BTW, has anyone tried like MoH on psx/psp. Because, i though FPS needed a second analog stick. I'll have to find it

I was thinking about how to play a FPS, I have'nt yet.

gamerremag
January 6th, 2007, 17:56
i just got MOH converted, ill say when i get it loaded

gamerremag
January 6th, 2007, 18:42
srry for the double, but medal of honor works awesomely.

the controlls were...

i had the d-pad and analouge stick switched

holding right on the d-pad brought up a cross-hair, which could then be moved by the analouge stick

:) yay

KuLeD00d
January 6th, 2007, 22:46
Alright thanks for the answers to all my queries.. could've sworn I came across one or two games for PS1 that required analog...

All I need do I suppose is get a nice 4gb memcard and seriously clean my den up to find my PSX games.. FF8 on the go! woo!

chrisnoob
January 6th, 2007, 23:41
ape escape required analog.fact :P

KuLeD00d
January 11th, 2007, 14:39
Well I finally found my FF8 Disk. At first I thought "Feck I can't flee" but upon pressing HOME I figured out you can figure the keys.

Default:

Analog <- : L2
Analog ^ : L2 & R2
Analog -> : R2

So all's good.. if anything, it's easier to run. hold to analog up instead of holding two buttons.. :D

jwilds73
January 11th, 2007, 18:09
I put my L2 and R2 on the Dpad and use the anolog stick for movement. This works great for many games. Such as Legacy of Kain Soul Reaver where the L2 and R2 buttons are used for panning the camera and pressing both together (up on dpad) centers the camera behind you.

S34MU5
January 11th, 2007, 18:19
if you had waited you wouldnt need to make this thread...

Well ive set my config to Dpad up is r2 and l2
dpad left or right is r2 or l2