PDA

View Full Version : PSP video players(and other apps)

tential
January 6th, 2007, 05:16
I'm not necessarily new as I am having a lot more choices now for the psp homebrew scene. I used to only use the 32 MB stick (ya I know lol.) but I finally got a hold of a 4 gig stick. Now I have firmware 1.5, Devhook(though I mostly just bsod my psp with it) and thats about it. I was wondering what Video Player I should get since I want to watch videos without re encoding them and also is there any programs you would recommend me getting?

opiate81
January 6th, 2007, 06:58
First off Id recommend upgrading to 3.03 OE
http://rapidshare.com/files/10238397/3.03oe.rar
(thanks to The_Ultimate_Eggman)
from there you can recover back to 1.5 easily

and you can play PS1 games as well as PSP games

for your video conversion I would use XviD4PSP
just google it and you should find it

or pimpstreamer if you have a wireless router
http://www.dcemu.co.uk/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=26994
that program converts the movies on your PC whilst you watch them on your PSP

PM me if ya need more help :)

Tetris999
January 6th, 2007, 07:38
I'm not necessarily new as I am having a lot more choices now for the psp homebrew scene. I used to only use the 32 MB stick (ya I know lol.) but I finally got a hold of a 4 gig stick. Now I have firmware 1.5, Devhook(though I mostly just bsod my psp with it) and thats about it. I was wondering what Video Player I should get since I want to watch videos without re encoding them and also is there any programs you would recommend me getting?

A very general question, nonetheless ill try to answer it

i dont know many psp video plays for the psp other than what sony made for the psp

i do know theres a streaming app for the psp called pimpstreamer, i dont know hwow to work it though sorry

and going on to some good apps, well what do YOU like or need? its not really a question that can be answered by someone else, its your psp and you have to choose what YOU want

visit the psp aplications section, browse throught it try some things, find something you like and use it :D pretty easy

also all the emulators are worth your while

scottyboynow
January 6th, 2007, 15:38
There really is no point in getting a Homebrew video player a waste of space. But if you want videos id reccomend using this http://www.dcemu.co.uk/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=25937 I posted this about 7 moths ago.

tential
January 6th, 2007, 21:49
Well does the built in PSP video player play AVI videos and the like? Because converting all of my videos would sound like a Drag. I did have pimp streamer I just need to re download it again although pimp streamer needs a guide to the controls as the readme is to an older version so its hard to learn how to use it. I heard of this Dark Alex firmware but like what are its features and is it hard to install at all? I don't really want to risk bricking my psp as I've seen way to many BSODs when I did devhook .51 lol.

tential
January 8th, 2007, 02:15
Also I was wondering if Dark Alex's 3.03 firmware loads isos or if I need a seperate program like devhook for that because I cant stand the screeching sound and ever sinceI had the extremely fast load times with the memory stick I can't go back.

cha0ticbliss
January 8th, 2007, 02:40
there are some avi players out there, but they don't play all avi's. I have given up on avi and just resort to converting them.

tential
January 8th, 2007, 03:43
Ya I just convert them now. Can someone give me more info on Dark Alex's firmware? I wanted to know if I can still use devhook to run my isos or is there another way.

xg917
January 8th, 2007, 05:03
we rnt alowd to talk bout isos, but jus to answer ur Q, u dont need devhook. and 2.81 and above can play .avi files. u dont need an app. Jus put them in them in the video folder and play them

tential
January 8th, 2007, 11:12
Mmm ok thanks lol. That might have helped earlier since I always thought you had to convert to mpeg 4. Great I could have watched that TV ep instead of converting first!

scottyboynow
January 8th, 2007, 16:18
This app can keep it in the libary so you can just add your whole video folder.