PDA

View Full Version : Need help with PSX games not loading on psp. Black Screen

Qlet
January 6th, 2007, 08:36
Ok, its been a while since I fooled with psp stuff, so Im still getting my footing again. I have followed all of the instructions on popstation and such, and I got the file on the psp (tried several games, and different ripping programs recommended here) using 3.03 OE-A btw. And put the files where they needed to go, and went to the game on the psp and it loaded the warning screen about psx games might not work correct, then goes to a black screen, where it stays until I turn it off or press home and press exit game. Not sure what to do been trying to figure it out all day, any help is welcome :)

Edit: The games are US NTSC

joshisposer
January 6th, 2007, 10:43
Some games have protection against piracy. You shouldn't get that warning screen, granted it works for me sometimes. All you need to do, is download your game online since you own it. That should be a better version. Then again, why don't you try a different game, like the best GTA ever, GTA2.

Qlet
January 6th, 2007, 19:26
Well, the warning screen is just the standard thing that came with hot shots, its supposed to be there, it just says that the game might not work right because it was ported from the psx. But I have tried several different ripping methods for the iso, and they all do the same thing.

neozero
January 7th, 2007, 07:53
Exact same thing happens to me as well =/

Tetris999
January 7th, 2007, 08:23
Well, the warning screen is just the standard thing that came with hot shots, its supposed to be there, it just says that the game might not work right because it was ported from the psx. But I have tried several different ripping methods for the iso, and they all do the same thing.

Problems

Problem NO.1
Psp game is comprssed and cant be read
Solution NO.1
Try uncompressing it

Problem NO.2
The game unfortunately wasnt converted right, or is a bad dump, if modifcations are done AT ALL to the original iso the psp emu wont run it
Solution NO.2
obtain the dump again dont ask me how to get and make it is N-O-T compressed OR modified,

should work

Qlet
January 7th, 2007, 09:15
Alright, well I wasnt downloading the iso's I was doing it myself from the original cd's and I found out that was my problem I was doing it wrong, I changed some settings on my iso maker program and got it working fine. Thanks :)

neozero
January 7th, 2007, 10:19
What ISO maker program did you use and what settings? I tried both compressed and uncompressed and both came up with the same problem. And it is also my own game so it's not modified.

Qlet
January 7th, 2007, 13:00
I use ISO Producer, its free. And the settings I had wrong, which you will need to set are:

Read Mode: BE_2

and Subchannel reading: SBI/M3S

Everything else default, when I set those it worked right

splodger15
January 7th, 2007, 13:09
ISO Producer i think is the best program to use

scottyboynow
January 7th, 2007, 13:56
Yeah, I use ISO Producer it's faster aswell.

neozero
January 8th, 2007, 03:53
Ah ok, thanks! I'll try that in a bit.

neozero
January 8th, 2007, 08:55
Yay! This worked perfectly. Thanks alot!