PDA

View Full Version : ps3 exploit

Ci5tm Konfliqt
January 6th, 2007, 18:28
hi, i have a japanese ps3 and was wondering what the likely hood of any programmes being released to fiddle with region coding for ps1/2 games or maybe in the future a custom firmware ?. Also the japanese censorship- what is the probability of it ever being permantley removed. is the ps3 exploitable or will mod chips come to be the answer ?

thanks for any responses since i have little technical knowledge !

Xiofire
January 7th, 2007, 18:44
I thought the PS3 would be a tough nut to crack, but it has already been said that a hacking team has been able to run a copied version of Motorstorm off the PS3's HDD.
Also, many people have been able to run emulators via Linux on the PS3.

-Xiofire

mcvader
January 7th, 2007, 19:34
As soon as dax gets a PS3 i'm sure it won't take long for him to make a custom firmware, the security on the PS3 couldn't be any better than the PSP's otherwise they would have used the same security on the PSP.
I don't think mod chips will be neccesary.

Does anybody know if linux on PS3 can use all of the PS3's horsepower? If it can I see little (legal) reason for an exploit anyway.

F9zDark
January 7th, 2007, 22:13
As of now, Linux doesn't support Graphics Acceleration on the PS3, so for any high end games (if running them in a Windows Emulator is possible) they wouldn't run too well at all.

Ci5tm Konfliqt
January 8th, 2007, 16:22
I thought the PS3 would be a tough nut to crack, but it has already been said that a hacking team has been able to run a copied version of Motorstorm off the PS3's HDD.
Also, many people have been able to run emulators via Linux on the PS3.

-Xiofire
maybe i should reconsider selling my jpn ps3 then. there is hope for us
european importers yet ! lol

Xiofire
January 9th, 2007, 20:56
LOL, I hope a big exploit is found after the UK release, that way Sony wont have patched anything. :)
-Xiofire