PDA

View Full Version : Brand New Brick - any help

kingnaji
January 6th, 2007, 20:13
Hi all

1st Post here - bought a PSP 4 days ago after seeing the homebrew stuff and dark alex's custom firmware. Intially a 2.5 version updated to 2.7 then to 1.5 etc for Dark alexs 3.02......

Been playing isos from memory card happily for 3 days when I got home from work where I had been using it for a distraction it turned on but never booted up. Green light comes on and screen lights but stays black.
I have fully charged the unit - removed battery and restarted countless times. Just wondered if there was anything else I could do - I'm going to take it back tomorrow but was curoius are all PSPs this unportable!!!!!:mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad:

dejkirkby
January 6th, 2007, 20:26
Although I dissapprove of the ISO;s, have you turned it on with the L trigger held in? This should bring up the recovery menu.

gunntims0103
January 6th, 2007, 20:53
you always take a chance of a brick when ever you start using custom flash and such and since you go a psp at 2.6 it might be a different mobo and it reacts differently (depending) on custom flash and booting iso's and such....

kingnaji
January 6th, 2007, 21:16
Tried holding the R button on startup and the pink recovery screen apperas but freezes and doesn't go any further

xg917
January 6th, 2007, 22:06
wow... um.. try again?