PDA

View Full Version : IS IT TRUE??? DCastaway FINAL

scrabbus
April 2nd, 2005, 13:10
I saw the anouncement, but I cant believe my eyes? ALREADY????
I hope this is correct!

DCDayDreamer
April 2nd, 2005, 13:24
Where and WHEN was the anouncement posted?

wraggster
April 2nd, 2005, 13:25
hehe so thats what you pmed me about ;)

lets just say it wont be too long a wait :)

wraggster
April 2nd, 2005, 13:26
ron was doing a test newspost for me

i deleted it as fast as i could but its true, just gotta wait now ;)

DCDayDreamer
April 2nd, 2005, 13:27
So that's why the posts are in the Deleted forum, damn - now the secret is out!

ron
April 2nd, 2005, 14:05
You will have to wait till this afternoon / evening for the record.
Be happy

Zherae
April 2nd, 2005, 14:38
I was just going to burn the madridc release I better wait a few more and save a cd session.

scrabbus
April 2nd, 2005, 17:55
hahahaha, thanks wrag, I must have just got there at the right moment this morning!!! I cant wait, I do apologise if I spoiled anyones surprise, honestly Ron I'll act all surprised when you release it honestly, I'll be good!!!

wraggster
April 2nd, 2005, 19:02
hehe times a ticking :)

itsa coming soon :D

scrabbus
April 2nd, 2005, 21:17
wraggster, you know that i'm like one of Pavlov's dogs, every time you ring that bloody bell I start salivating :-) So come on put this old dog out of his misery and gimme the dinner!! I only have 2 cd's left, so I hope I get a good burn out of the 1st or i'm buggered!!

Zherae
April 2nd, 2005, 21:31
You should give a try to DCHAKKER I have various DCaSTaway releases on the same CD I just rename all releases with different names among other emus and BOR.

scrabbus
April 2nd, 2005, 21:42
thanks man, apreciate it

scrabbus
April 2nd, 2005, 21:53
how sad am I, I'm sitting here at my pc, the baby's in bed, and wow i feel like i'm 21 again, sitting at my old laptop (B+W MITEC 486) getting the nes emu to work, and feeling like the preverbial dog with 10 balls!!! You know that feeling you get when you get an emu that you have wanted to see for years, and when you pop it into the DC and it works GREAT, the elation, then outside to blacken ones lungs with niccoteine and tar!!!
I cant wait to play this, CAN YOU TELL!!!!!! I think its just that feeling...Like christmas when I was growing up in cold old Newcastle, the christmas when I got my portable and my ZX spectrum, me and my brother playing it all day christmas and boxing day. Then we got into consoles, the coleco, then the SMS then the NES ahhhhh those were T' days. I miss them, as I know many of the *AHEM* older guys in here do. The thing that keeps me coming back day after day to DCEMU is that I feel among friends, to be among people who share my passion, and what more can you say? It is a passion, its been a hell of a ride. I dont get nearly as much time these days, not like those heady school hols, sitting with your pals in front of the C64 all competing on winter games and summer games. Now as I digress, I just want to thank everyone who spends thier own quality time coding these little wonders for us, my heartfelt thanks people, not only for helping me relive those days, lost in the intoxicating rush of nostalgia, but for showing the rest of the world how serious we really are about Sega's little white gem...Encore...Encore, you know who you are, take a bow.

wraggster
April 2nd, 2005, 21:56
shouldnt be to long now :P

if its any consolation im sitting here waiting too ;)

scrabbus
April 2nd, 2005, 21:58
hehehehe, I know man, but you know yourself Wraggster, being my age this machine came about just as I was earning some real cash for the 1st time, I remember it well. DAMN YOU NOSTALGIA DAMN YOU!!!!

wraggster
April 2nd, 2005, 22:12
its like waiting for xmas to come :)

gonna be a major month for the scene if all the stuff gets released :)

scrabbus
April 2nd, 2005, 22:15
I know its like the old waiting for a bus analogy, but instead of 3 theres loads, but like I say its a credit to the dedication of the coders in the DC scene wouldnt you agree? I'm off to blacken the old lungs again!! I cant take this, I dont normally smoke this much!!!

obelisk
April 2nd, 2005, 22:31
this is like waiting for gifts! thank you. my nerves are shot.

scrabbus
April 2nd, 2005, 22:38
your nerves are shot, I havnt felt this sort of aprehension and nervousness since the birth of my daughter!! But seriously folks this is a biggie, I hope you can save to VMU now, I cant wait, Ive been getting the 50 pence 5 pence, yes thats an English euphomism, a crude one but Wraggster and the other brits in here should get it!!

DCDayDreamer
April 2nd, 2005, 23:05
I cant wait, Ive been getting the 50 pence 5 pence, yes thats an English euphomism, a crude one but Wraggster and the other brits in here should get it!!

Just make sure you stick to the ciggies and not have a curry while you're waiting, it'll be 50 pence, 5 pence - pass the bogroll.

scrabbus
April 2nd, 2005, 23:09
hahahahaha, I thought someone else would get it!!!

scrabbus
April 2nd, 2005, 23:11
Where is it? Maybe we should get the gang out in thier Mystery Machine!! I feel like I've been here all night. Whats that Wraggster? I have been here all night!! Damn!!

scrabbus
April 3rd, 2005, 00:25
man. i'm absolutely shattered here, not only have I just re-witnessed my team(NEWCASTLE UNITED) lose to aston sodding villa on match of the day, but yes I also live in the village of the damned (AKA sunderland) but I'm all bleary eyed!!! I have been up since 5:30 am, I didnt go to bed till 3 am (my daughter slept at her grans!!!!) All the peeps with kids know what i mean, the only time you get on the dc or pc is when A) baby sleeps out or B) baby doesnt teeth or get a cold!!!! I am flagging here, I hate to complain guys honestly but I really wanna burn this and play, but I am so tired, please, please, please jim can you fix it for me to have DCaSTaway before 12????

scrabbus
April 3rd, 2005, 01:04
last post guys, i'm off to bed!!! up at 6:00 am again tomorrow, peace

ron
April 3rd, 2005, 01:51
Windows and GNU/Linux versions DCaSTaway rc-1 released at:
http://chui.dcemu.co.uk/dcastaway.shtml

Enjoy , remeber that this two versions are for MKache pursposes testing. Thank You

scrabbus
April 3rd, 2005, 11:37
AAAAAGH IF ONLY I HAD STAYED AWAKE!!!! Thanks Ron

scrabbus
April 3rd, 2005, 11:40
is this the final for the DC??? I cant seem to find a download for the DC version, can anyone help???:confused:

ron
April 3rd, 2005, 12:15
We're making some new changes to the DC Release, during the day will be released if everything seems to be OK, while you can go running Linux or Windows Version in order to test MKCache, Enjoy and dont forget to tell us if it does work fine.
Cheers

scrabbus
April 3rd, 2005, 12:21
Thanks Ron, As usual you guys are working your arses off right until the death, you just keep the quality coming, you all deserve might big praise for all the work you have done over the last 12 months, as mr Han says: "YOU HAVE OUR...GRATITUDE!!"

DARKGATE
April 3rd, 2005, 16:36
TODAY, the final version of emu DCASTAWAY o_o?

Oh my god, i don't sleep tonight, O_O :D

scrabbus
April 3rd, 2005, 19:17
Just wondering when the Dreamcast Version is going to be posted???

Zherae
April 3rd, 2005, 19:19
Soon! You really can't wait can you ;)

scrabbus
April 3rd, 2005, 19:37
you guessed then?? I REALLY REALLY cant wait, I sat here until after 12 last night waiting, then I got too tired and went to bed!!

scrabbus
April 4th, 2005, 11:54
I've just been onto chui's page and although the dreamcast version is highlighted it just sends you around in a loop, with no download, weep, wail, sob etc