PDA

View Full Version : Remap Sony PSX emu controls (cause presets SUCK)?

IndianCheese
January 6th, 2007, 22:23
If you haven't noticed, none of the built-in presets work well for Crash Bandicoot: Warped. Here are the game controls:

X: Jump
O: Crouch
[]: Spin
/\: Show wumpa fruit/lives
D-Pad: Move
Analog: Move
L1: Nothing
L2: Bazooka
R1: Crouch
R2: Run fast

The game is very hard to play without using the Analog Pad to move, so that crosses out types 1, 2, and 3. But that assigns L1 and R1 to L and R, which is completely useless (L1 does nothing, R1 crouches just like O). So is there any programs that are CONFIRMED to work with PS1 games? I have tried RemaPSP by setting the modules to load on system boot (it was originally designed for Devhook), and it just froze, and the homebrew loader version obviously won't load the PS1 games since they are dependant on an OE firmware.

Someone help the Crash Bandicoot fans!

Shrygue
January 6th, 2007, 22:26
It would be good if you could just preset the in-game PSX controls for yourself. It's much better that way.

scottyboynow
January 7th, 2007, 16:00
I love Crash bandicoot

The controls would be better like this:

O: Show wumpa fruit/lives
/\: Crouch
L1: Bazooka
R1: Run fast

weirdelf
January 7th, 2007, 17:04
I have this exact problem. On one of the levels you have to run really fast and crouch alternately which is very hard. :(

ENG
January 7th, 2007, 17:18
I suppose it is a bit annoying, so it would be nice to be able to configure the controls yourself.

BelmontSlayer
January 8th, 2007, 01:36
Use RemaPSP, it allows you to remap your PSP controls. You can also turn on autofire. It's built into CWCheat.

CWCheat v0.1.6 REV F (http://www.dcemu.co.uk/vbulletin/attachment.php?attachmentid=13923&d=1168021695)

Accordion
January 9th, 2007, 16:00
I love Crash bandicoot

The controls would be better like this:

O: Show wumpa fruit/lives
/\: Crouch
L1: Bazooka
R1: Run fast

you cant love it that much... you dont seem to like the long jump ability given by the crouch/slide move...