PDA

View Full Version : help again....

carlitx
January 6th, 2007, 23:44
ya i just used the an app to flash custom icons onto my psp. yes they are some kik butt icons i do agree but i dont like the fact that sub folder icons are missing like the RSS channel icon psp camera icon. etc. basicly the only icons left in the internet menu are the location free player and the browser icons and ony the ms icon is left in the photo menu. i read on another forum that they had a dump or something and flashed back the old calssic psp icons. when i stsrated this app on my psp there was no warnnings to start in case of brick or anything(thank god i didnt) and it flashed while i was still reading into the app on these forums. ill post the app so you guys can look at it and help.

ps i also herd theres a way with custom fw's to back it up so if u brick you can recover from it and continue from there but i dont know where to get the back up app plaese help befpre i do brick my psp with my implusive behavior.

o and btw if you dont want the same problem as me DO NOT USE THIS APP UNLESS YOU CAN UNDO IT!!!!!!!!

vision
January 6th, 2007, 23:49
So what is your problem?

carlitx
January 6th, 2007, 23:53
i want to get rid of the custom icons i installed b/c they make some sub icons dissapear.

vision
January 6th, 2007, 23:55
Alright go here
http://www.sendspace.com/file/02ecgf
get the original top_menu upload by me then put in your root then use the same application and flash it ( press O )

carlitx
January 7th, 2007, 00:35
what do you maen? so i just use the auto icon changer with this file in my ms's root and everthing will be normal?

Xiofire
January 7th, 2007, 00:44
To get to 3.03 Recovery mode, hold R while booting up the PSP. Then, toggle USB on. Place a 1.50 Update Eboot.PBP in /PSP/GAME/RECOVERY/. Then run it by clicking the "run program at /PSP/GAME/RECOVERY/EBOOT.PBP" in the recovery menu. This should alow yew to update to 1.50, formating your flash, and getting rid of your funky icons.
I think thats a way of doing it, im not responible for any brickage that may occur
-Xiofire

carlitx
January 7th, 2007, 00:57
i tried it xiofire right after i read ur post but all i get is a black screen when i say run program at /PSP/GAME/RECOVERY/EBOOT.PBP and the psp just hangs there like that but doesent shut off so now wat? do i just leav it there forever like that or is it spose to go like that cause i shut i completely off after a couple minutes and still same icons and flash memory:(

vision
January 7th, 2007, 01:54
Dude try my way its safier and faster and yes thats what i mean [what do you maen? so i just use the auto icon changer with this file in my ms's root and everthing will be normal?]

carlitx
January 7th, 2007, 02:15
ok ill do it your way...[trying... ... ...]nope never worked:(also when i go back to the ms's root the file i put there is gone(the one i dled from you link). if it helps this is a different icon changer than the one that comes with the letter icons.

vision
January 7th, 2007, 02:22
hmm, try using filer

xg917
January 7th, 2007, 02:30
paste topmenu_plugin.rco in F0:/vsh/resource by using hacker mode: L + <-- + R
here is the plugin: http://www.sendspace.com/file/02ecgf

this was a message from vision. he had to leave so he told me to tell u this

carlitx
January 7th, 2007, 03:22
whats filer?

xg917
January 7th, 2007, 03:25
psp filer 2.5: http://www.dcemu.co.uk/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=48312

carlitx
January 7th, 2007, 03:47
ya but what does it do?

vision
January 7th, 2007, 04:01
It's a file manager, but also used to flash

Thanks, xg917

carlitx
January 7th, 2007, 04:22
ahh ok well my probs solved thank you very much for the help i realy owe ya one:D well now to put a ps1 game on psp and play myself to sleep lol

vision
January 7th, 2007, 04:24
Yeah man sure no problem glad we can help

carlitx
January 7th, 2007, 15:33
i found a kool icon set that has no bad effects:p so im usin that one now. its awsom looking. ma psp is da best, it beats all da rest!