PDA

View Full Version : GBA mods?

Bear_XI
January 7th, 2007, 01:59
Hi,I have 5 GBA and I would like to know what can I do with them is there any mod possible?(No money requiered)

Dsage
June 19th, 2008, 22:38
Dude... Nothing is free in this life :rolleyes:. but there are CHEAP mods like overclocking and underclocking heres a link for overclocking http://www.modd3d.com/articles/item/overclock-your-game-boy-advance

murgero1
June 20th, 2008, 15:47
You can overclock underclock, switch the layout of the controls, and battery life, enlarge screen, shrink screen, i believe you can turn it into a portalble snes (after buying the mod chip or flashcart).

Dsage
June 20th, 2008, 22:36
No way can the gba be a snes theres not enough buttons:(. NES yes but not a SNES

DanTheManMS
June 21st, 2008, 09:40
You've obviously never used SNES Advance or Snezziboy. SNES Advance uses L and R for A and X, using Select+L for the SNES L button (same with R). This is entirely customizable in the options menu. Snezziboy uses something similar to a "shift" button in that you assign one button to be the shift button and then assign the SNES ABXY buttons to GBA A, B, Shift+A, and Shift+B.

You can also use an adapter to plug in an actual SNES controller, which can be used with a special version of SNES Advance. You could then install the GBAccelerator (if you can find one) to make SNES Advance run at full speed, and a GBA-to-composite adapter to send the video output to a regular TV. Of course, finding the necessary components nowadays would be difficult, but probably not impossible.