PDA

View Full Version : I think I did something retarded(Relates to 3.02OEB and 3.03OEA)

CalvinDu
January 7th, 2007, 16:44
Late at night yesterday I decided to update my 1.50 to 3.03OEA.(Or what ever custom version which can run the PSP DA PS1 emu)

At the time I did not know there was a 3.03 out, I only thought there were two different versions of DarkAlex's custom firmware:
3.02OEA and B

Now, being that ignorant and half asleep I found a thread with a user which had a easy installer.

http://www.dcemu.co.uk/vbulletin/showthread.php?p=319019

I thought his easy installer was for 3.02OEA, I was wrong. But I did not know at the time, so I decided to go ahead and install it.

Now I went straight from 1.50 to 3.03OEA without even knowing it.

Thinking at the time I had 3.02A, I went ahead and looked for 3.02B, I found one. I decided to install it(doh!).

I now went from 1.50 -> 3.03OE-A -> 3.02OE-B.

Now it's morning time, I feel nice and refreshed, the first thing I noticed was that I updated straight to 3.03OE-A from 1.50, Argh!

Here is my question(s) to you kind people,
1. will I be able to go back to 1.50? How would I be able to?

2. can I simply update my 3.02OE-B to 3.03OE-A?

Now regarding my 2nd question, when I go into recovery mode(Holding 'R' when starting up the PSP) I check my Game Folder homebrew and its set at 3.03 Kernel.

I have no idea what that means, but what I do know is that I am currently on 3.02(According to my system Info), yet it says 3.03.

Am I screwed? :confused:

splodger15
January 7th, 2007, 16:57
1.Hold R on startup
2.yes

switxh to 1.50 kernal

CalvinDu
January 7th, 2007, 17:14
Thanks for the quick reply.

I went and did the Hold R thing, I switched the 'Game Folder homebrew' to 1.50 kernal. I go back the the PSP menu and it still reads as 3.02OE-B.

I found that there is another selection on the 'Hold R' menu which reads 'Run program at /PSP/GAME/RECOVERY/EBOOT.PBP

I'm guessing I select this if I want to go back to 1.50? I've have all the necessary files from the recovery folder already in my PSP GAME folder including the UPDATE.PBP(1.50 update).

splodger15
January 7th, 2007, 17:29
Have you updated to 3.03OE

CalvinDu
January 7th, 2007, 17:34
I did previously, I then accidently went back to 3.02OE-B.

Like I said before, I find it weird that the 'Game Folder homebrew' has an option for 3.03 kernal and 1.50, instead of 3.02 which currently is my version according to the PSP's system information.

So, I'm not really clear on what version I'm at.

scottyboynow
January 7th, 2007, 17:41
I havent updated to 3.03OE-A yet dont see any point of upgrading.

mikebeaver
January 7th, 2007, 17:51
I havent updated to 3.03OE-A yet dont see any point of upgrading.

Well if you upgrade to 3.03 OE-A then you can add the newer update, OE-A' which fixes a few bugs and allows you to set the game speed in your UMD's .

CalvinDu, you could always run the recovery mode, which will allow you to revert back to 1.50, then upgrade again to 3.03 OE-A, then run the OE-A' update.

jak66
January 7th, 2007, 17:52
the problem is that 3.02-b only updates your psp version number shown in system info, the pops.txt file on flash0 and the popcorn.prx. your psp is 3.03-a, but worse because youve flashed a few 3.02-b files, run the 3.03-a update again either from recovery or xmb and everything will be right again

CalvinDu
January 7th, 2007, 18:00
the problem is that 3.02-b only updates your psp version number shown in system info, the pops.txt file on flash0 and the popcorn.prx. your psp is 3.03-a, but worse because youve flashed a few 3.02-b files, run the 3.03-a update again either from recovery or xmb and everything will be right again

How would I run the update through the recovery? I'm also clueless about this 'xmb'.

I tried running the update through the PSP's regular game menu, once I initiate it, it shows the PSP logo and then just shuts off.

If I'm not able to go back to 3.03, can I go back to 1.50? I wouldn't mind starting from scratch.

Thanks for your help.

mikebeaver
January 7th, 2007, 18:07
you need to get a 1.5 eboot and put it in the recovery for flasher folder that came with the original 3.02 oe-a update, then while in recovery mode go to the option that tells you to run program at recovery
The "XMB" stands for cross media bar, and is basicly your "Home" screen.

jak66, could he possibly run the new 3.03 OE-A' update? as he has only changed the pops.prx and version number, would it work? its a similar thing to what he has already done i think.

Gold Line
January 7th, 2007, 18:12
hey CalvinDu

put the recovery folder that comes with the 3.02 oe-a update in your game folder then get the 1.50 update and rename it to UPDATE.PBP then put it in you recovery folder and run it from the pink screen (the one where you must hold r at start up)

forget about the 302 kernel and 150 kernel just make a folder called GAME150 in you psp folder and put your homebrew in there and for your game demos put them in the GAME folder

CalvinDu
January 7th, 2007, 18:21
Thanks guys. I got back to version 1.50 by the pink colored menu recovery thingy.

Time to get DarkAlex's custom firmware from scratch, hopefully I won't screw up again.

Edit:

Hey another question if any of you guys don't mind answering, I'm currently trying to install 3.02OE-A, I'm at the oeupdmaker process.

I put the 150.PBP and 302.PBP in the correct folder, I copy it to my PSP's GAME folder. I run it, the screen turns black, it says reading 150.PBP and a message under it saying 'cannot open file'.

I ignored it for now and continued onto check if it generated the DATA.DXAR. It did create a DATA.DXAR, but this is where my question is, its completely empty, meaning its 0kb in size. Is it supposed to be like that?

Tetris999
January 7th, 2007, 19:39
errrrr what are you trying to update to right now? if it was 3.03 i dont think youre going to be using the name 302 for the boot (use 303.pbp)

CalvinDu
January 7th, 2007, 19:43
I'm currently trying to updat to 3.02, I figured out the problem, it was a bad 1.50 eboot.

Hopefully I won't have issues anymore. Thanks.

xcjzerox
January 7th, 2007, 21:48
why are you updating to 3.02

CalvinDu
January 7th, 2007, 22:15
I wanted at the time to stay update and stay on 3.02OE-B because I mainly wanted to play FFVII(3.03OE-A has issues with this game).