PDA

View Full Version : Popstation Compatibility List

D-7
January 7th, 2007, 19:45
Ok this is meant as no disrespect to anyone on the board so if it's a problem then sorry. I've taken the list and just about everyone's list of games that do and don't work and threw it together on a site. I've decided to do this because well number of reasons...1. The list that's up now is outta date by almost 2 weeks and with updates to popstation happening more often I think it's good to have a good up to date list. 2. the dcemu mods/admins have plenty more stuff to handle then update some list i'm sure..3. 32 pages is kinda rough to look through to see if your game is working or not. Welp thats really it hope i'm not breaking any rules or anything....heres the site

http://two.xthost.info/popstation/

splodger15
January 7th, 2007, 20:05
There is already one here (http://www.dcemu.co.uk/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=47123)

D-7
January 7th, 2007, 20:08
right but it hasnt be updated in about a week and like i said theres quite a lot of pages to pick through in order to find out if your game is working or not..thats all

Malksta
January 7th, 2007, 20:09
right but it hasnt be updated in about a week and like i said theres quite a lot of pages to pick through in order to find out if your game is working or not..thats all

Its pretty tiring going through all those pages and adding those games to the list, I'll update it tommorow or something

D-7
January 7th, 2007, 20:20
malksta thats why i made the site so you guys don't have to go through all the pages I know its tiring I did it lol

splodger15
January 7th, 2007, 20:32
I prefer DCEmu

NCGreyFox
January 7th, 2007, 20:36
I like the list man. Consider it bookmarked.

joshisposer
January 7th, 2007, 21:20
I actually enjoy this list and I think you are doing the community some good. I like the seperators for country and stuff. I like your site and i will bookmark it too.

SketchPCIS
January 7th, 2007, 21:24
I prefer DCEmu

As do I, but this guy was actually trying to make things -easier- for the DCEmu staff by making another site. Like PlayingKarde did with his Popstation Icons site. So people won't have to sift through pages and pages to get what they need.

It's nice he did this. Maybe you should see it for what it is, a nice gesture, before you get negative on it (Or ya know, read his thread in its entirety before you say 'it's been done here' and give a link to the thing he said he was trying to fix :P)

EDIT: And after visiting his site, I actually like it -more- than the DCEmu list...no disrespect meant of course, but it's far more in-depth, and he offers a way to directly inform him if a game works, etc...and to tell him WHY it doesn't work. Thanks man, I've got it bookmarked now, and am comparing it against my current list.

D-7
January 8th, 2007, 00:05
wow thanks for the comments..I tried to make the list as straight forward as possible..of course it needs more work but I'm already in the process of updating the list yet again

Malksta
January 8th, 2007, 04:52
Just got around to checking out your site, I must say, Well done! :D Wasn't expecting it to have so many games :p

D-7
January 8th, 2007, 15:13
Thanks Malksta..there should be another update by tonite

carpy
January 8th, 2007, 15:16
I wish more people would do stuff like this.

I don't know whats worse - having a list that gets outdated, because the custom firmware releases come out too quick, or having to listen to the people who kiss moderator's ass and yell at people when they try to do something helpful.

Same shit happens at every forum, some mod starts a compatibility thread, then loses interest in it or can't keep up with firmware updates, and the list becomes obsolete. Then all the internet tough guy wanna-be forum cops run around yelling at everyone not to make other compatibility lists or threads because "we already have one", even though it's outdated and basically useless.

One thing you guys might want to consider, there should be a new list with each firmware revision. Specifically because games tha worked in previoius versions (3.02oe-b) get broken in newer version (3.03oe-a') but no one EVER updates those ones, they only add new games tested to the list to show how big their list is. But taht sucks, because then you have a million noobs posting threads saying "why my game no work, it say on rist dat it work, but my game no work, did I Brick?".
thanks, D-7

carpy
January 8th, 2007, 15:24
Also - two games to change on the list:

Road Rash 3d NTSC, works, but with problems. Constant auto-pausing during gameplay.

Dynasty Warriors NTSC - Broken in 3.03a and 3.03a' - but worked in 3.02a/b.

D-7
January 10th, 2007, 21:31
the list got updated today with over 100 titles tested I know i'm still missing games so please either reply to this thread or email me or pm me with what you have that i'm missing. Also i'm not exactly thrilled with the game list and have found a far superior list to work with so unless popstation is updated there won't be another update probably until next week at some time so i can add the new list in and fix everything up