PDA

View Full Version : Get for Birthday, or wait with friend?

Xiofire
January 7th, 2007, 19:51
The PS3 will be released here in the UK in March (hopefully) and i have a problem.

My birthday is in April, and i want a PS3 for my birthday, but my friend wants me to wait with him for one in July, where he says the PS3 will be better due to hardware revisions/new batches.

So, should i get a PS3 at launch for my Birthday, or wait till summer with my friend?

-Xiofire

PS: Mods, if this thread is in the wrong place, sorry.

F9zDark
January 7th, 2007, 21:53
I believe you will have a better experience with it if you wait. Why? Because you will immediately have someone to play with, someone to bring a controller over for Co-Op games, etc.

None of my friends have a PS3, not that it really matters, I enjoy the system just the same, but I think if I had a friend with one I'd have a much better time with it online and what not.

cloud_952
January 7th, 2007, 22:24
I think your friend just doesn't want you to have a PS3 before him, so he's telling you to wait. That is kinda lame of him, then.

I really think you should just go for it. The first batch US and JPN PS3s have few problems, and you're getting a later shipment since this is the UK. You'll be more than fine getting it in April, if you can find one. ^_^ Go for it!

Video_freak
January 7th, 2007, 22:54
I have the perfect solution. You both WAIT in line, so you can get it for your birthday. Everyone wins! :)

S34MU5
January 8th, 2007, 00:04
yeh, maybe his mate wont have money for it that earlie.

im first in line in my location, midnight launch baby:p

Xiofire
January 8th, 2007, 21:16
Thanks guys, will be preordering as soon as possible, to get one for my birthday. Cant wait. I heard Resistance Fall of Man was amazing. Anyone played it?
-Xiofire

F9zDark
January 8th, 2007, 21:38
Thanks guys, will be preordering as soon as possible, to get one for my birthday. Cant wait. I heard Resistance Fall of Man was amazing. Anyone played it?
-Xiofire

Hell yeah its amazing. Hopefully by the time it comes out in Europe, they'll have the stats issues fixed. (Ranked games give you stats which are viewable on your RFOM profile; it hasn't been working too well due to all the new players).

Xiofire
January 8th, 2007, 21:47
Hell yeah its amazing. Hopefully by the time it comes out in Europe, they'll have the stats issues fixed. (Ranked games give you stats which are viewable on your RFOM profile; it hasn't been working too well due to all the new players).

LOL, Sounds like yew like it then. :rofl:
Yeah, i hope they get it fixed for Europe release too, but no biggie if not.
Resistense, better or worse then Call Of Duty 3? If yew own it that is. COD 3 is peeing me off at the moment on Xbox 360, final level, Chambois, no smoke, no grenades, and im being pinned down by a tank :mad: on Veteran aswel. But meh.....
Thanks
-Xiofire

F9zDark
January 8th, 2007, 21:52
LOL, Sounds like yew like it then. :rofl:
Better or worse then Call Of Duty 3? If yew own it that is. COD 3 is peeing me off at the moment on Xbox 360, final level, Chambois, no smoke, no grenades, and im being pinned down by a tank :mad: on Veteran aswel. But meh.....
Thanks
-Xiofire

Storywise: Better than COD 3 (I am tried of WWII games honestly)

Online: Far superior (you don't have to deal with this on 360). RFOM has voice chat and text chat in game lobbies, buddy lists, clan support, linking of your profile in game with your Myresistance.net profile, etc. COD 3 for PS3 doesn't have even so much as text chat...

Xiofire
January 8th, 2007, 22:02
Storywise: Better than COD 3 (I am tried of WWII games honestly)

Online: Far superior (you don't have to deal with this on 360). RFOM has voice chat and text chat in game lobbies, buddy lists, clan support, linking of your profile in game with your Myresistance.net profile, etc. COD 3 for PS3 doesn't have even so much as text chat...

Cool, looks like im picking that up at launch. :)
Any reports on Ridge Racer 7? Some people says its the best thing ever, where as others say its just a really hurried title, that was rushed to get completed for launch.
-Xiofire

scottyboynow
January 9th, 2007, 17:16
Hey, Xiofire why are'nt you playing your Wii

Xiofire
January 9th, 2007, 20:54
Actually, i was playing my Wii just now.
Can't beat a bit of bowling :)
-Xiofire