PDA

View Full Version : Connect PSP to tv?

unsungzero
April 2nd, 2005, 18:53
Is there any way to connect the psp up to a tv and play it on tv? If so, what cable would you need to do so. Only reason I ask is because I saw in an issue of gamesmaster a pic of the ridge racer developer with ridge racers playing on the tv (sure it coulda been a vid). I'm pretty sure you should be able to connect it up to a scart lead.. with my sony digicam I just raplce the yellow cable from a scart lead with a cable that runs to the camera and I can view pictures and video on tv.

wraggster
April 2nd, 2005, 19:13
id love to be able to pay the psp on a tv when i see fit too

SchmuckofNI
April 2nd, 2005, 20:30
Or better yet a way to connect to your computer monitor.

unsungzero
April 3rd, 2005, 02:18
Although it is supposed to be for portable gaming, I'd like to see if the games still retain their splendid graphics when displayed on a tv/monitor, I've heard rumours of a tv tuner/video out cable but so far havn't been able to find anything official. :confused:

psplover
April 3rd, 2005, 03:01
Tv out isnt possable at the moment. PSP oringally had tv out built into when showed at e3 but was later removed to lower the cost slighty. However I think they removed it so they'd still be an insentive to buy 2 versions of a game. Ps2 version and PSP.

aseddon130
April 3rd, 2005, 03:02
yea i would have thought that they would include TV out for the UMD movies, i think that would have been wise ...

psplover
April 3rd, 2005, 03:08
UMD movies wouldnt look 2 hot on tv compared to a DVD but would still look decent compared to a VHS.

Offical UMD movies run at 1500 bit rate which is very low >< however have 320kbps sound and a resolution of 416x176. DVD runs at 720x480/567 at 8000 bit rate and up to 600kbps 5.1 channel sound. UMD movie would look like a Slighty above average VCD. VCD is 320x240, at 1150 bit with 320kbps sound.