PDA

View Full Version : Problems running games with new HDD

Mr_Biggs
January 8th, 2007, 01:31
Hi all, i recently upgraded my xbox's harddisk to a phat 120 gb or storage, but im having problems running select legit games, such as Area 51, COD2: big red one, unreal tornament, and splinter cell 1 and 2.
all games except for splinter cell 1 and two check for profiles at the startup, and they freeze before or after loading one. i have this problem with both retail dvds and harddisk backups. the games work fine on my stock harddisk though. so what's the deal? is something wrong with select folders on my e drive? i deleted the old saves/profiles and tried to make new ones, but no dice there. Ideas?

lions3231
January 10th, 2007, 20:12
hey love the signature RESPECT MY AUTHORITY

have you tried hooking your original hard drive to your computer?

here are some steps for you

1) connect stock hd to ya como then use a Iso maker to create an iso of YOUR DRIVE (otherwise this is illegal) and make the iso.

2) connect the obviosly non-formated hd and burn iso onto hard drive or sumin like that a m8's done it..

BE VERY CAREFUL i have heard of people trying to mod there files on the hd this way and it creates a
:( bach.msi:( file which well kills the xbox but only if you have media center i think or something

sorry for being vague but i dnt do MAJOR piracy like isos on this forum or any others but email me.

i MIGHT be able to help

nothing i said above was illegal if it was sorry please warn me

blaz3d
February 19th, 2007, 01:15
is your xbox chipped?? if it is then switch your modchip off and see what happens playing from retail disks with retail bios.

dont listen to lions he obviously doesnt know what hes on about, the process for making iso's is nothing like that and making an iso wont help your problem. if you can give me a few milestones if would be easier to work out, like what dash you use, modchip make and bios

peace

Mr_Biggs
February 19th, 2007, 01:27
whoa, i forgot about this post. i fixed the problem with help from xbox scene, by clearing out the files in my E:\Cache and the XYZ drives. Lions, unless youve actually done the process of formatting a hard disk sucessfully, you shouldnt be posting crap like that. Sorry i wasnt specific about the details Blaz3d, i softmodded my box with XboxHDM+Ndure 3.0, and upgraded to a new drive through XBOXHDM. But it's fixed, so its cool now. thanks anyways.

blaz3d
February 19th, 2007, 02:23
np m8 ndure is very good, but when i format drives for friends i just use a solderless adapter and my x3 chip to make a fresh partitioning and then use dashboard backups from the happy place:)

my biggest reason for using the x3 chip in my console is no matter what you delete from the hdd in a fit of stupidity, the x3 has ftp in the chip! makin my noob mistakes all ok:D

peace

Mr_Biggs
February 20th, 2007, 00:49
FTP in the chip? So you can acess the HDD while running programs other than a dashboard? idk much about chips, so plz dont flame me bout that.

blaz3d
June 17th, 2007, 17:34
x3 bios has somthing called x3 config live. it doesnt allow you to use ftp all the time but because its part of the bios it allows ftp in the special x3 bios mode

peace