PDA

View Full Version : iDoom on 30gig iPod video?

Shadowblind
January 8th, 2007, 02:20
Im wonderin if I can install iDoom on a 30gigabyte iPod video. Its a new iPod, got it yesturday. Anyone?... :confused:

TeenDev
January 8th, 2007, 02:21
probably, if u Have iPod Linux or watever its called...

Shadowblind
January 8th, 2007, 02:22
I looked on their site. I could only see iDoom for Phot, nano, and mini iPod, but they may have released more then that time. I have iPod Linux, can someone point me to the site to get iDoom for VIDEO iPod?

the_eternal_dark
February 6th, 2007, 07:31
Try getting rockbox. rockDoom is built in and runs very well.

http://www.rockbox.org./

"5th/5.5th gen (Video - 30GB and 60GB models supported)"

Sorry it took me so long to get over here, I hardly ever get the chance to.

samthegreat68
March 17th, 2007, 18:35
can rockbox play iboy? and does it wipe out all my memory? because i cant do that since most of my music isnt on my computer anymore.

and i have itunes 7 is that going to not let me install it? i dont think that i have updated the ipods firmware though. does anyone know what firmware is too high?? i have a 30Gb 5G video.

Napalm-Death
March 18th, 2007, 02:04
Your firmware doesn't have anything to do with rockbox, your memory doesn't get wiped either (at least mine wasn't).

samthegreat68
March 20th, 2007, 05:08
does rockbox play iBoy?

parkermauney
May 31st, 2007, 02:41
It has an alternative called rockboy. There's a rom folder somewhere. I used rock box for a while, then ipodLinux. They both scared the shit out of me.

the_eternal_dark
June 5th, 2007, 08:35
can rockbox play iboy? and does it wipe out all my memory? because i cant do that since most of my music isnt on my computer anymore.

and i have itunes 7 is that going to not let me install it? i dont think that i have updated the ipods firmware though. does anyone know what firmware is too high?? i have a 30Gb 5G video.

Rockbox has rockboy, which is essentially the same. You should be able to transfer your songs back to your computer. To remove the DRM, try http://hymn-project.org/jhymndoc/#downloads. I can also point you to some of the original iPod updaters for "downgrading" to the older, exploitable firmware so that rockbox and/or iLinux can be run on it. Either way, there will no longer be a need for iTunes to transfer to and from the iPod. It plays videos as well.

Hit me back if any of you want any further help.

Shadowblind
June 5th, 2007, 17:54
I can't seem to navigate through their site...can anyone point me to the right download?

the_eternal_dark
June 6th, 2007, 10:11
I can't seem to navigate through their site...can anyone point me to the right download?

Which site? Jhymn? rockbox? iPod Linux?