PDA

View Full Version : Final Fantasy Tactics - Not working on 3.03 OE-A'?

levitation1o1
January 8th, 2007, 03:13
Hey, has anyone tried out playing Final Fantasy Tactics, compressed from 5-9 on oe-A (2)?

I can't seem to get it to work... it gets past the "squaresoft" logo, I button mash, getting me to the title screen, and I get past what seems to be the beginning introduction; however I can't get much further then that. I havn't tried lower compression levels yet, but I feel like it won't matter; is anyone else having this problem on OE-A (2) also with Final Fantasy Tactics? Help would be much appriciated...Thanks.

levitation1o1
January 8th, 2007, 03:46
Small update --

I've tried it from compression levels 0-9. No levels seem to be working.

The filetype was .iso for compression levels 8-9; however I changed to .bin and went over all compression levels.

Am I doing something wrong?

I'm using psx2psp, by the way.

SketchPCIS
January 8th, 2007, 18:56
If there are any problems, it's more than likely a Sony issue with their emulator that they did something to during the 3.02-3.03 update...

feight
January 8th, 2007, 22:44
I tried it out last night, I got as far as the beginning point where the black knight comes for the princess and then I turned it off to go to bed. Are you able to get that far?

broie
January 8th, 2007, 22:49
its working ok for me perhaps a bad iso?

Lodis
January 8th, 2007, 22:58
It works fine for me but I am only on the first battle start. It is compressed to level 9 NTSC region.

levitation1o1
January 8th, 2007, 23:13
I've burned the ISO once... maybe it was bad. I'll recompress and see what happens.

UPDATE: Well, I'm coming to these conclusions so far:

Burning the file as an .iso only gets me to the SQUARESOFT screen. Nowhere farther.

Burning the file as a .bin file only gets me past the introductory screen and beginning story line; to get to the title screen I have to press random buttons, I'm not sure if there is a certain key that allows me to get to it, but it shouldn't be so anyways.

Should I try a different file type? Clean my disk? I can't think of anything that would be effecting the .iso otherwise.

Also, I'm using ultraISO. Should I use something else rather then ultraISO?

levitation1o1
January 9th, 2007, 01:27
Well I seemed to have figured it out, it appears that my game is scratched and when burned it has disk errors. Thank you for all your help though.

TerryMathews
January 9th, 2007, 16:27
Well I seemed to have figured it out, it appears that my game is scratched and when burned it has disk errors. Thank you for all your help though.

If your computer has a CD-R/DVD-R drive, you might want to try in it. Those drives have larger, more accurate and powerful read heads that can usually read discs that normal drives cannot.

gymnotropic
January 9th, 2007, 17:34
How fast are you trying to read it at? I'd recommend reading at the lowest setting possible when making an image.

cloud_952
January 9th, 2007, 19:51
Yeah, that was my problem with ripping my games. UltraISO seems to want to rip at the highest possible speed, which is okay for audio, but absolute **** for a game. It'd render ISOs that didn't even run. Try using another program (I use Alcohol120) and rip it at 1-4x.

thefanaticgamer
January 9th, 2007, 21:35
i couldnt get any final fantasy tactics iso to work with my psp i could only get an img file to work try ripping to that instead

jonezybaby
January 9th, 2007, 22:40
try clone cd, i use that and i have no problems