PDA

View Full Version : Questions regarding TA-082 to 3.03EA2

oninotsume
January 8th, 2007, 03:14
Hi,

I've been a long time PSP homebrew user since the intial days. I purchased a 1.00 PSP back in the day and was happily using it as 1.5 with Devhook for quite some time, when one day it just flipped out and bricked.

So, I'm going to go and buy a new PSP white = TA-082 motherboard. However, before I do so I was hoping some people here could provide some advice on the downdating/updating process.

1. Does a PSP with a serial number in the upper right hand corner of the UMD drive always equal TA-082?

2. Upon downdating a TA-082 which program is the best? I noticed there was an official Dark Alex downdater, but I also noticed a simple downdater.

3. Dark Alex's method required one to run HEND, which I have never done. How exactly does this work?

4. After downgrading to 1.5 I should then update to 3.03A, then upgrade to 3.03A-2, correct?

5. I noticed there seem to be some audio issues with popstation. Does 3.03A-2 fix these issues?

I would sincerely like to avoid bricking another PSP, especially a new one. So, if anyone can provide there insight into my above questions, or if there is someone who has downgraded their TA-082 then upgraded it, I would appreciate any advice.

Sincerely,
Oninotsume

splodger15
January 8th, 2007, 16:38
1.Yes
2.You use Dark Alex's TA-082 downgrader
3.Depending if the firmware comes with 2.80 HEND cannot be run. But if it comes with 2.71 it runs from the photo folder i believe
4.Correct
5.Not sure i havent had audio problems

scottyboynow
January 8th, 2007, 18:09
Popstation is well worth the upgrade

S34MU5
January 8th, 2007, 18:59
yeh popstation is teh pwn