PDA

View Full Version : Fighting games and the PSP...

KunoNoOni
January 8th, 2007, 10:55
Maybe its just me, maybe I'm just old and can't do it any more... but I'm finding it very hard if not impossible to play fighting games on the psp. I have the Darkstalkers UMD and for the life of me I can't get any of the special moves to work. I've tried almost every fighting game I own for the PS1 that works on the PSP and again, can't get the special moves off. is there a trick I'm missing... anyone else having this problem? :confused:

C0R3F1GHT3R
January 8th, 2007, 11:07
i like own at DBZ shin budokai, and MK UC. I dunno; lol old...

steve-b
January 8th, 2007, 11:34
It's the fact that the d-pad is f**king useless on the PSP at getting diagonals/quarter circles etc. I really hate it with a passion.

g00gy
January 8th, 2007, 11:43
yeh i hate the d-pad too. isnt there some kind of alternative to the D-pad i think capcom created?

dootiez
January 9th, 2007, 10:10
Man fellas I totally agree about the shitty d-pad....I can't execute any of the Capcom quarter to half moon moves at all...lame ass PSP d-pad.

ACID
January 9th, 2007, 10:12
yeah i agree as well sucks to the high heavens.

Baboon
January 9th, 2007, 10:20
Capcom did release a d-pad fix with the Jap version of Street fighter Alpha 3. You can get basicaly the same version on ebay for cheap: http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/NEW-SONY-PSP-Street-Fighter-fighting-D-pad-analog-pad_W0QQitemZ250069198269QQihZ015QQcategoryZ127746 QQssPageNameZWDVWQQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem

The sticky pads that come with it are a bit naff though and tend to come off after a wee while. I used some plastic glue on mine about a year ago and the d-pad is still on my PSP and is working like a treat. :)

With this fix all of the complex moves in the fighting games work (NJ's CPS2 and Neo Geo fighters etc) and are now a whole lot easier to do! ...before this pad fix doing Akumas Raging Demon move was impossiple! :)

There are other methods to fix the d-pad but they require taking your PSP apart (which is something I dont really like the thought of doing).

C0R3F1GHT3R
January 9th, 2007, 10:59
i hate that stick on dpad... its bulky... whats this method of taking the psp apart? I'd like to try that.

Baboon
January 9th, 2007, 11:04
i hate that stick on dpad... its bulky... whats this method of taking the psp apart? I'd like to try that.

It may be a bit bulky but it gets the job done and makes all the Vs game playable. :)

I quick google search produced the other method for fixing the shite d-pad...

http://www.ufighterx.com/guides/videogame/pspdpadfix/pspdpadfix.htm

I just dont like the idea of taking my beloved machine apart. lol

steve-b
January 9th, 2007, 11:21
seems like a pretty straight forward mod though. I'm skeptical as to if it makes any difference though...

gdf
January 9th, 2007, 11:46
the dpad is a dit small but the directions are too far apart, the stick is even worse, though you can get rubber pads for it to make it bigger.

rehbock
January 9th, 2007, 12:00
I prefer Marvel vs Capcom i cant do all special Combos either.
Same on Tekken 3 kinda hard with the direction Buttons and the []

scottyboynow
January 9th, 2007, 12:01
Tekken: dark resurection Is Brilliant!

InanimateCrbnRod
January 12th, 2007, 23:13
Everyone seems to have a problem performing special moves on fighting games, but I can do them just as well as in ps1 version, maybe its because I have one of those gamepad things, you should get one, it makes your psp feel like a ps1 controller, some of them even extend battery life.