PDA

View Full Version : PSP video help needed.

judge
April 2nd, 2005, 21:19
Here's the deal.

I gor Ridge Racers and Wipeout Pure on the way. However, I want to take my PSP into work on Monday and show off some video. What's the best way of doing it? Any video will do for the moment because I want my colleagues to be convinced to buy a PSP for some wireless action.

Cheers.

leggy
April 2nd, 2005, 21:36
Check out some of the previous threads.

There are some free programmes to convert video to MP4 format.

You will be able to get a few clips on the memory duo card.

psplover
April 3rd, 2005, 00:41
the 32mb stick can fit about 10 minutes max at perfect quality.
Perfect quality on the PSP is 768bitrate with sound at 48000 at 320kbps.
I highly recomend settling with 580 bitrate at 41000 at 96. I use 32kbps unless its music files and if its like a music video i use 96kbps.

judge
April 3rd, 2005, 15:45
I used Sony's connect site to download a couple of its short videos. I then connected the PSP and the PC recognised it. I then transfered one to the PSP (the other was corrupt and could not be shared) and it shows that each video reduced my memory stick by 10mb. However the PSP says there are no videos. The same thing happened when I tried a photo. Getting annoyed now.

Huckleberry_Fin
April 4th, 2005, 14:17
Alright there Judge,

Not sure if you managed to get any video files onto your PSP over the weekend and convince your mates that they need one. They shouldn't need to view video to convince them, surely the game play alone will swing them, no?
Anyway if you've not already managed to get an MP4 file onto your PSP then let me know I'll tell you. In a Blue Peter style, here's what you'll need

1) A big memory stick, 256Mb if you only want about 30 mins. 512Mb is a good size if you can get one, 1Gb if you've got deep pockets. I got Kill Bill Vol 2 down to 429Mb but it was only 15 frames per second.

2) A DVD decrypter/ripper if you've not already got some films in mpg, avi etc

3) A .vob to .avi codec if you want to convert from DVD to MP4 (I use AutoGK)

4) Finally an MP4 encoder, I've got 3GP, it's really simple to use once I managed to change the language from Japanese to English in one of the .ini files and it even has a PSP mode already set up so that it renames the output video clip to a filename that the PSP will pick up.

You'll also need to create a couple of folders on your memory sticks route as it doesn't do this automatically when you format it on your PSP which is stupid.

Huckleberry