PDA

View Full Version : PS1 Games = Corrupted Data???

skid_68
January 9th, 2007, 02:36
Hey guys, I tried to load up my Warhawk game last night on my psp, and also Castlevania -sotn. But when I transfer them to my psp. The icon says corrupt data. I havent had any other games come up corrupt. I havent changed any of my conversion methods. I have converted many of my ps1 games, and they all run great. I did go as far as trying another rip of Castlevania(shhh no iso talk!). But the same prob. Are any of you guys running into this problem? Is it these games themselves, or is it on my end some how?

joshisposer
January 9th, 2007, 03:37
Are you sure you are putting it in the Game folder? If you are, it's on your end i guess.

andrewgabriel77
January 9th, 2007, 04:17
Try using a .bin or .img instead of .iso

skid_68
January 9th, 2007, 06:02
Ive been using IMG format for all my games, so I can use the new CDDA popstation fix. I havent had any problems converting other games with this method.

JKKDARK
January 9th, 2007, 06:11
If you still have thse images in your PC, try using a psx emulator on your PC. Maybe the images are really corrupted and you need to make the images again.

tophead420
January 9th, 2007, 06:22
i had that problem to when mine shoed corrupt i had my gaes like this
G:PSP/GAME/PS1GAMENAME/PS1GAMENAME/EBOOT.PBP make sure you arnet doin this and also wait a few seconds after you put the games on your mem stick then exit usb mode

KunoNoOni
January 9th, 2007, 10:11
also make sure the folder name isn't too long.

D-7
January 9th, 2007, 10:46
kunonooni is right if your folder name is over 31 letters it corrupts the data

jonezybaby
January 9th, 2007, 11:20
or if ur viewin the memory stick and the eboot is showin as currupt....... well then ur memory stick is F*"^ed, mine did that :(

skid_68
January 10th, 2007, 01:08
also make sure the folder name isn't too long.

That was the problem alright. When I loaded the images into PSX2PSP Castlevania came up as (castlevania - symphony of the night), and warhawk came up as (warhawk - The red mercury missions) Sure enough. Shortened down the names, and they work just fine. Didnt know about that little hiccup, but I do now. Thanks a lot guys. :thumbup: