PDA

View Full Version : Xbox 360: Gears of War Patch Tomorrow!

BrooksyX
January 9th, 2007, 03:10
Gears of War Update starting 9-Jan-2007

Source:Epic forums (http://forums.epicgames.com/showthread.php?t=560548)

A Gears of War update should start pushing through the system at some point tomorrow, Tuesday January 9, 2007 prior to the two new multiplayer maps being available on Xbox Live Marketplace on Wednesday January 10, 2007.

The maps, plus an introductory video featuring Gears designer Cliff Bleszinski, are free thanks to the kind sponsorship by the Discovery Channel's Future Weapons series which launches next Monday January 15th, 2007. Be sure to check out the show to see some really cool firepower. I expect game designers all across the country will be watching the Future Weapons series very carefully looking for ideas for their future games

Here is a list of what was addressed in this update:

• Fixed aspect ratio distortion when using VGA cable with 4:3 displays at resolutions higher than 640x480
• Fixed voice issue with new players joining Player Match games in progress
• Players can now get the Achievement for "Dish Best Served Cold" when using Troika turret to kill RAAM
• Fixed rare situation where host could loop countdown and never start match
• Fixed rare situation where players could get stuck after chainsawing in multiplayer
• Reduced Grenade Tag melee distance
• Enabled “Strict” NAT check on host to prevent possible connection issues
• Optimized server browser queries to return results more quickly and prevent scroll bars from hiding quality of service icons
• Reduced number of possible revives in Execution to match Warzone
• Removed host name from Ranked match server browser
• Disabled security cameras in Ranked matches
• Ranked matches now require balanced teams (3v3 or 4v4)
• Increased penalty for quitting a Ranked match to -50 points
• Added additional cheat detection code
• Additional housekeeping updates

BTW, click here to check out Discovery Channel's Future Weapons series. Be sure to check out the Weapons Zones and see some of the amazing things they showed last season. There was a huge email thread going around Epic about the Metalstorm (which they say is the "potentially the world's most powerful automatic weapon"). It is lacking a chainsaw for close-up combat but it is still pretty cool

Darksaviour69
January 9th, 2007, 10:17
Removed host name from Ranked match server browser

that sucks.... that was the only way to play with your mates in ranked games

jereminion
January 9th, 2007, 11:17
yey

Increased penalty for quitting a Ranked match to -50 points

BrooksyX
January 9th, 2007, 14:39
that sucks.... that was the only way to play with your mates in ranked games

yeah thats what i don't like about it because i always play ranked with my friends. At least they added a penalty for quitting, but it should be more like -100.

tsaikimon
January 9th, 2007, 23:02
I put this game down for 3 weeks and waited for "the patch" that would fix all the erroneous bullshit in multi-player......and now it I realize that Cliffy be really just sucks dick

Xiofire
January 9th, 2007, 23:11
Yes, no more quitters in Ranked matches.
:D
-Xiofire

Shadowblind
January 9th, 2007, 23:25
Yeah, im rather glad I wont be the last one standing against 4 other on ranked matches. :)

BrooksyX
January 10th, 2007, 02:11
It feels like this patch has brought more bugs then it set out to fix.

Shadowblind
January 13th, 2007, 21:59
Yes, the patch has caused connection errors to skyrocket, making some servers unplayable. They have rported they ARE working on that problem.