PDA

View Full Version : Datel Hard Drive and PSX/Homebrew with 3.03 OE-A2?

sybixus
January 9th, 2007, 04:59
Once you're updated to 3.03 OE-A2 and you can run homebrew, psx games, anything you like, can you do it from the Datel 4 gig hard drive, or can you only run this stuff from a memory stick? Just wondering because it's hard to find 4 gig memory sticks locally ( well one shop, which wanted to charge me £320 - yeah, dream on, pal ! ) and I'm never around to accept deliveries if I get it mail order.

andrewgabriel77
January 9th, 2007, 05:16
The 4 GB HDD is read exactly the same as a memorystick...so their shouldn't be any issue.

sybixus
January 9th, 2007, 05:27
Thanks for the quick response. I'll see if I can pick one up for a reasonable price.

Baboon
January 9th, 2007, 10:24
Nooooooooo, dont do it!

The Datel HD is nothing like a decent memory stick! ...Its verv very slow (just try playing any of the bigger games on NJ's arcade emulators and it makes them all impossible to play), it looks fookin awful, it doesnt like or isnt compatible with a lot of programs (ie: devhook), plus it will die within a matter of months! ...I found out the hard way! :(

Pay a little extra and get a memory card, and if you cant find a cheap price localy go online (although I wouldnt advise ebay as there a lot of fakes out there).

belialone
January 9th, 2007, 13:08
micro hds are not very trustworthy
i would only use it for mp3