PDA

View Full Version : Possible brick

DrkLazarus26
January 9th, 2007, 10:59
I installed cintro mod and tried to install a custom intro. it says to turn on the psp and take out the mem card and turn it on. now the screen turns black and the mem card light flashes and then stys orange. im using Dark alx fw 3.03 oe-a'(2). please tell me if i can get the recovery workin becuase i think i corrupted it

mcvader
January 9th, 2007, 11:28
hold down "R" when turning on, if that dosn't work well....

crypysmoker
January 9th, 2007, 23:11
i tlooks liek a lot of people have had this dhappen in the past week and we are all screwed.

Unfourtunatly nothing was ever said that the Cintro mod modifies the main bootstrap for 1.5/recovery... which woul dhave made me leave it alone if I knew.

So I no longer have recovery or anythign but ablack screen.

I know onw thing.. people selling Motherboards and U.P mod chips will be banking the next few months lol. I myself have been looking for a ne wmotherboard all night because mine bricked last night after using X-flash for my gameboot and Font, and that was it.

Inuyasha_989
January 12th, 2007, 02:44
The exact same thing just happened to me last night. You're saying that this prog modifies the bootstrap AND RECOVERY?!

There goes my hope for a brick recovery. Any other ideas?

SSaxdude
January 12th, 2007, 02:50
I semi bricked my PSP when using the version changer, but recovered it in no time.

red_sox32
January 12th, 2007, 04:08
Wait so if i'm at 1.5 and i go flashing stuff for when creating stuff and it bricks, i can unbrick it with recovery mode?

vision
January 12th, 2007, 08:02
no 1.5 doesnt have recovery mode only custom firmwares do

red_sox32
January 12th, 2007, 23:40
1.5 does have recovery mode.

cal360
January 12th, 2007, 23:46
no 1.5 doesnt have recovery mode only custom firmwares do

Actually 1.50 custom firmware does have a basic recovery mode

vision
January 13th, 2007, 01:33
Really? how do you access it?

shango46
January 25th, 2007, 00:56
Now I am having almost the same problem. I was using 3.02OEB and flashed a Cintro. I turned it back on and it stays all black. Heres the kicker though, I can still get into recovery. I went back to 1.5 fw and tried to reinstall 3.02OEA and it still does the same thing. Now what my question is is there anyway to get back into my xmb in 3.02 through recovery or is there anything else I can do?

EDIT:

I fixed my problem. I held the home button while exiting recovery and it went in. It then told me there was an internal error and reset to default. I then re-ran Cintro modifier ( still with CIntro-Backup on ms0:\ ) and un installed. Tada! My psp is back to working order! I hope this helps somebody out who is having the same problem.